Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • rear light with rackmount?
  • zilog6128

Any idea what the brightest light available with a decent rack-mount (I have three holes arranged horizontally at the back of my rack which I guess is a standard mounting)? I found this roundup which although US-biased was very helpful http://bicycles.blogoverflow.com/2012/03/tail-light-review/. From that selection the Cateye Rapid 5 with optional rackmount sounds like the best option to me.

Alternatively I have an Exposure Flare (which is ace) but I can’t mount it to the seatpost as it might be obscured by the stuff on the rack. Anyone have any joy purchasing or making a decent rack mount for this light?

Nicknoxx
    Free Member
    nbt

I use my Holy Hand Grenade on the back of my rack, you can get a rack mount for most lights I would imagine

igm

I made a mount for a smart 1/2 watt jobby.

zilog6128

thanks, looks like a HHG with appropriate mount will fit the bill perfectly!

Macavity
    Free Member

This photo gives away many secrets.  You can see the switch well and how it still works with the starnut.  The wire comes up the side and goes to the switch.  The switch is held in place with a O-ring and that fits into a groove in the switch well.  Design and work by Mark Vande Kamp and Hahn Rossman.

martymac

cateye tl ld1100 fits straight onto a standard reflector bracket (same layout as most racks) it even comes with the correct screw.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cateye also make a special plastic fitting that screws into those holes and accepts any of their lights with the square slide-on fitting. Wiggle usually sell them, about £4 IIRC
    They work very well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘rear light with rackmount?’ is closed to new replies.