Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Really Basic Kompyewtuh Kweschun
  • nedrapier

I’ve got a external hard drive with a My Music folder from a previous backup from the laptop, plus some other stuff I’ve acquired from other places (friends computers)

The laptop has My Music too, with all the stuff I backed up to the External HD, plus a bunch of CDs I’ve bought since.

How do I reconcile these and have the 2 folders matching, but not losing any from either?

Thanks!

duntmatter
    Free Member

I’m doing this now.. Rip all CDs to the external drive, then copy all files to to it. Any that are already there will be replaced with identical ones if you say ‘yes to all’ when it asks ‘replace files with same name?’

Once it’s all together on the external drive, make a copy as backup.

I’m sure someone will come along to tell me there’s a much easier way!

nedrapier

Trouble is, the music is sorted into folders by artist, and the message I’ve seen before is “there is already a folder named Beastie Boys” would you like to overwrite”

So if there are 3 Beastie Boys albums on one drive and a different 3 on the other, you’ll end up with 3 of the 6 albums when one of the folders is overwritten with the other.

Or am I wrong?

duntmatter
    Free Member

This goes beyond my expertise! I think you might be right though. Sounds like you might need to do it album by album. 😯

nedrapier

Bump-errr!

Any other ideas?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Really Basic Kompyewtuh Kweschun’ is closed to new replies.