Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reality check….brother in law was blown up in Afghan yesterday…
  • brack
    Free Member

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

at least he is fine!!

its getting worse out there now, im dreading going out there.

i lost a good mate of mine on wednesday due to an IED.

shaun

brack
    Free Member

We spoke to him on the phone last night and he's bruised but fine.

The other lad who was in the front with him ended up 10 metres away from the truck after being blown sideways out of the cab as did my blaw.

Topside squaddie was blown high into sky and landed back down on top of the truck – was totally unco for a while but is going to be fine despite breaking his leg in 3 places.

They all came round expecting gunfire but luckily none came…

Im waking up with a sore head – last night was a time for a raised glass indeed.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Thoughts are with them all.
    Good lads doing a hard job in the wrong place.

MicArms

Glad to hear they're Ok brack, could have been a whole lot worse.

Wookster

really pleased all of them are ok mate. No matter waht you think about why the lads are there. they deserve all our support and any kit they need to keep them safe. (have 2 mate who have been out there both home sfae thank god)

oldgit
    Free Member

Good grief I thought you had lost him, hope he recovers well.

Lost my brother in law on the Sir Galahad (REME attached to the Welsh Guards) Why my ex wanted me to leave, that and her entire childhood spent moving camp with the RAF.

firestarter
    Free Member

glad hes ok . and good luck to all the boys out there and elsewhere (and girls too) i managed to get myself blown about 6m thru the air whilst in bosnia years ago not fun at all 😉 i was swamped by kiwi medics in seconds they were great.

alpin
    Free Member

shit. least he's still breathing.

best wishes.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Brings back memories of Norn Ireland 1980 supporting the RUC on a bust in the Bogside a nail bomb went off about 30 yards away I can still remember lying on my back with my ears ringing frantically wriggling my arms legs fingers and toes and the relief when they all added up to the right number. Then the rush of pure adrenalin and anger only training stopped me from booting in the nearest door and shooting the 1st person I saw.

Hope his head is okay definitely gives you a different view on life

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reality check….brother in law was blown up in Afghan yesterday…’ is closed to new replies.