Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Re-mortgage – how long?
  • alanl
    Free Member

I’m getting a bit miffed with Natwest at the moment. My fixed term mortgage ended on 1st November, so I arranged to go in, get a new good deal, and, hopefully, borrow a bit more.On 30th September I was in the branch, all forms filled in, all details handed over.
    And then didnt hear a thing. So I ring them after a month (call centre, as you cant ring the local branch). No record of my visit. OK, I try again, and still get nowhere, but someone will get back to me. Still nothing. After numerous calls from me to them over the previous weeks, I’ve finally had a call from someone today, who explained the person doing my application has gone off ill, so could I come back into the branch to redo everything.
    Now this has got me well annoyed, as, they have a large pile of my tax/bank/pay statements etc, which were promised would be back with me within a week of the application. Of course, now, they cant find them, but will look into it.

I cant apply to another lender, as Natwest have all my paperwork. They really are getting me annoyed.

So, when/if I do get my paperwork back, what is a typical time period to be approved for a new application from a new lender?
    And is there a reputable Company who act decently lending on mortgages, or are they all the same?

tish
    Free Member

I’ve just changed to nationwide from Rbs, done and dusted in 3 weeks.
    No further borrowing though, but all ran smoothly.

jekkyl

if remortgaging to a different lender that’ll involve sols, so 2 months likely.

parkesie
    Free Member

Took me months to eventually tell first direct to do one after cock up after cock up insisting they didn’t say one thing and when we sent them there own emails back to prove they had they were stumped. Every other provided we’ve looked at has been poor at meeting appointments or can only do 2 months on Wednesday morning as the mortgage advisor only visits branches.

jekkyl

double post.

llama

Do it online, no need to show statements etc if you are already banking with them (if not, go somewhere else, they are not exactly the cheapest). All the person in the branch would to is type it in for you. I changed my mortgage deal in 15 mins a year ago (well, provisionally, they still send you a print out to sign)

tenfoot

We just changed our mortgage to another provider. It just went through yesterday. My first contact with the new provider was first week in October, so around 2 months in all.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

How about using a broker?

juanking

Did this not long ago with London and Country would use them again and highly recommended.

edhornby

complaint email direct to

Ross.McEwan@rbs.com

tell them in no uncertain terms to find your personal documentation ASAP

do loads of research online for deals, there will be some good ones about, brokers are more use if you have specific requirements

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Taken about 2 months with London and Country, completed last week

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Re-mortgage – how long?’ is closed to new replies.