Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • RC2 FiT on 36's??
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

hi guys i have been googling this but cant really finmd that much which i understand. what does all this mean as i have a set of 36 FiT RC2’s. whats the difference between them and a normal set of 36’s.

cheers

LoCo
    Free Member

The FIT cartridge is a closed cartridge, which means thet the damping and lubrication oil is separate. The cartridge has a bladder. There are two types of FIT the old ones and the New Upside-down ones which are supposed to address the reliability problems of the original design.

cubemeup
    Free Member

ok, so hwat the difference between the Float R and mine?

LoCo
    Free Member

which year ?

cubemeup
    Free Member

mine are 2010

LoCo
    Free Member

The RC2 has high and low speed compression adjustment as well as rebound, where as the r has just rebound. The R carts. can also be open bath so the damping oil also does the lubrcation duties, which is both good and bad, more oil to dilute any solid that get in and reduce chance of stantion wear, bad because you’ve got dirty damping oil.
    Any setup queries refer to my website tech info area, or pop up seeing as your local 😀

cubemeup
    Free Member

i think i will pop up bud, its chris from blackwood!

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep I know 😀

retro83
    Free Member

is rc2 FIT actually a better damper than the ‘normal’ RLC FIT type in terms of suspension performance, or is it just more adjustable?

LoCo
    Free Member

The Same but Different really, I’m not sure I’m convinced by the need for a lockout on a 160 or 180mm fork.

nasher
    Free Member

having puta 2011 rc2 damper to replace my R one and the difference is amazin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘RC2 FiT on 36's??’ is closed to new replies.