Viewing 16 posts - 201 through 216 (of 216 total)
  • RANT: People who ride trails with dogs
  • walleater

Why would anyone want to read the whole thread?

falkirk-mark

Cos they are trying to sleep and do not have a metallurgy book to hand.

devs
    Free Member

I take my dog on the roads too. He does exactly like he does at trail centres, runs next to my back wheel. A policeman stopped me once, he said I looked ridiculous in my bike clobber and that I should grow up and start acting my age. Didn’t even mention the dog who was sat at heel. I told him to **** right off the donut munching fat bastard. Ok so I know him from rugby. A well controlled dog is far less of a danger at trail centres than a lot of the riders there. It’s all down to acting responsibly. If my pooch wasn’t so well behaved he wouldn’t be there. It’s a shame that the same rules don’t apply to people.

scruff
    Free Member

A well controlled dog is far less of a danger at trail centres than a lot of the riders there

TRU DAT.

smell_it
    Free Member

, have a read of the full thread

Just scan reading the last half page makes me think i would rather crush my knackers in a vice.

mactheknife

hexhamstu – Member

Everyone with strong opinions against dogs at trail centres either never actually ride or are completely spineless in real life. I’ve taken my dog to Afan several times and people only ever fuss over him and tell me what a nice dog he is. No one has ever suggested that he shouldn’t be there, even when he begs them for some flapjack/crisps/marsbar.

Yep, as usual this place brings out all the muppets who call other people spineless from behind a keyboard. I for one have a big problem with out of control dogs anywhere. Not just trail centres. But while we are on the subject, why would you bother. There are trails everywhere where you and your dog can have a good blast without the fear of fast bikes plowing round a corner. Yep your dog may be well behaved but you cannot account for his / her every move.

And lets be honest, your dog may be the best behaved pooch ever but do you trust the other bikers to avoid him / her 🙂

llamaknob
    Free Member

Surprises are always fun when you are shredding the gnar to the power of max!

😀 😀

shem
    Free Member

My dog loves trail riding, and nails it as well! The same as many of my dog partnered riding mates, bridle ways what ever. I dont take him to trails so often, but when I do, I usually see other dogs.

I agree a badly trained dog could cause an accident, but then so could a badly trained mountain biker!
    If you ride around a corner quickly, as we all do, then theres always a possibility of hitting something, Ive had Badgers and foxes run out on me, SHOULD WE BAN FOXES AND BADGERS FROM TRAIL CENTRES AS WELL?? The climax trail in Machynlleth has a wild ram, that stands about 4 foot tall at the shoulders and has foot long horns! Good luck if you run into him 😛

Heres a video of me a mate and the dogs having fun 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liMcNzcZEkg[/video]

devs
    Free Member

Yep, as usual this place brings out all the muppets who call other people spineless from behind a keyboard.

I notice you didn’t leave a real name and address for the muppets to contact you for discussion. Ooh the ironing.

nosedive
    Free Member

can anyone be bothered to count how many dog owners have posted a ‘I agree with you if you mean a badly trained dog, but mine is so well trained he won’t take a crap without permission’

get a grip, it’s a wild animal, unless it is on a lead you can’t guarantee it is under control

unklehomered
    Free Member

can anyone be bothered to count how many dog owners have posted a ‘I agree with you if you mean a badly trained dog, but mine is so well trained he won’t take a crap without permission’

my count to that is none… 1 if you bend one’s person’s words a bit.

If they’re are wild as you imply a lead makes very little difference to the level of control…

deviant
    Free Member

I wouldnt take my dogs to a trail centre, seems rude….people in one place solely to ride bikes dont want my two Jack Russells getting in the way and i understand that.

However on equal access land like the Surrey Hills, Swinley, Ceasars Camp which are all local to me and open to cyclists, horse riders, walkers, dogs etc then people can take a running jump if they dont like it….plenty of things i dont like on a daily basis but have to poke up with, thats life.

devs
    Free Member

get a grip, it’s a wild animal

Oh those poor blind people, all being savaged and dragged across the road after cats and that. What a stupid idea to use those wild animals instead of trained domesticated ones. 🙄

DT78
    Free Member

This thread is good value 🙂

Must admit, I didn’t have a grumble at said Patriot owner when I nearly ran his little terrier over at FOD. I suppose I could have sprinted after him, but with his bloody dog veering all over the place it was quite difficult catching him.

I’ve come up with another theory. Bet the guys who ride with trail dogs very rarely get passed and think they are super gnarly fast. Thats because your faithful hound is acting a bit like one of those mine things from Mario kart.

And seriously, when at speed how do you know whether you well trained dog is in and out of the bushes / cutting corners / nearly causing issues for faster riders? (unless you’re Amber’s owner – cool vid)

Comparing trail dogs deliberately being led down trail centres to deer / badgers / foxes is missing the point.

mactheknife

devs – Member

Yep, as usual this place brings out all the muppets who call other people spineless from behind a keyboard.

I notice you didn’t leave a real name and address for the muppets to contact you for discussion. Ooh the ironing.

Email is in profile if u want to chat, ill happily email you or anybody else my number. 🙂

walleater

Do people have wild dogs in the UK these days? Wow, much has changed since I left. Have all the humans stopped raping and murdering each other yet then?

Viewing 16 posts - 201 through 216 (of 216 total)

The topic ‘RANT: People who ride trails with dogs’ is closed to new replies.