Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Random questions that drift into your head while watching the news…
  • chakaping
    Free Member

“How the **** did we get into this situation?”

“Is this all a nightmare?”

“What the **** is wrong with people in this country?”

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

bad i know..

these refugees/immigrants in the calais jungle if they are rioting and breaking the law (i know its a small minority), then should they even be allowed into the UK, we have enough criminals already..

binners

“How the **** did we get into this situation?”

“Is this all a nightmare?”

“What the **** is wrong with people in this country?”

the answers to all these questions are usually provided by….

I struggle when they interview Barry outside Greggs on Skelmersdale High Street on what his view is on interest rates or economic downturn. I couldn’t give a toss what Barry thinks.

molgrips
    Free Member

I struggle when they interview Barry outside Greggs on Skelmersdale High Street on what his view is on interest rates or economic downturn. I couldn’t give a toss what Barry thinks.

Yes – this is depressing, annoying, difficult to listen to and a whole load of other negatives.

My most often asked interal question is ‘where the hell is Lyse Doucet actually from?’ Cannot figure out her accent at all.

Pigface
    Free Member

The question I ask myself most when watching the news is “honestly, how the fsck did we elect this shower of idiots?

+1 I am amazed that nobody has rumbled the fact they they are clueless as to whats going on. They seem unaccountable to anyone and the majority seem a bit dodgy.

ratherbeintobago

My most often asked interal question is ‘where the hell is Lyse Doucet actually from?’ Cannot figure out her accent at all.

Canada. For what it’s worth, the small number of French Canadians I’ve met had similarly odd accents when speaking English.

theotherjonv

I wonder the same with Orla Guerin, or rather given I’ve never heard that surname before is she any relation to PBS Andy.

And of the Fiona Bruce / Sophie Raworth question. No, they aren’t. And they know you know it, and they love it.

My news bugbear (ok, more of a wish) is the bit where they say something like ‘A Met Police spokesman said that……’ and then they cut to the Met Police spokesman, who proceeds to not say what the news say they said, but say something different but which is basically the same.

eg:

A met police spokesman said that the gunman had been detained after a short siege, and no hostages were hurt.

And then the spokesman says. “There was a brief siege situation during which armed officers talked to the gunman, as a result of which he was persuaded to release the hostages unharmed and give himself up for arrest”

I just want the spokesman to say exactly what was said, for once. If they can’t report something they have on tape accurately, what hope do we have when there’s interpretation?? 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I did think French Canadian (then I googled it anyway) but she doens’t sound like other French Canadians I’ve heard. Almost like she’s tried to acquire a posh New England accent whilst being French Canadian.

slowoldman

I se Michaela’s green Arctertyx came out of the wardrobe tonight.

geoffj

Is Laura Bicker happier being a US correspondent than when she was the sacrificial grim weather reporter getting battered on some grim bit of Ayrshire coast.

Oh and yes on the Fiona Bruce questions too

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m off for a cold shower..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s radio Scotland, why are you telling me English premiership results?. I can get that on the national stations….

DrJ

Why can’t Helia Ebrahimi have her own show? Or at least take over from Tory Girl Cathy Newman?

BigJohn

I’m old enough to remember when the News told you what had happened earlier and the weather forecast told you what it was going to be like tomorrow.
    Now the News tells us the text of the speech somebody’s going to make later and the weather guy talks about what a chilly old month we’ve just had.

ElShalimo

Bring back Richard Pritchard and Katie Tate

sharkbait
    Free Member

Why is the ITV news presented like its some kind of children’s story time?

slowoldman

To make it understandable to the target audience.

perchypanther
    Free Member

The ITV news is positively intellectual compared to the ITV weather which is delivered entirely in emojis, like a 12 year old girls text messages.

Pigface
    Free Member

Kate Silverton 😳

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thank you – some genuine coffee and keyboard moments ^

On the Fiona and Sopie question, don’t forget that Huw’s nickname among costume is Commando! Urrgrh

Kamal Ahmed and Robert Peston, WHY and HOW

Plus one. Both way out of their depth with basic flaws in their understanding of economics. Bring back Stephanie the naughty one.

My main thought £400k plus……really to read an autocue?!?!?

fin25
    Free Member

As I sit here, entranced by Naga Munchetty
    Charlie and Tom from Keane have a tiny face-off.
    Steph thinks the economy will be fine
    And Carol says the weather will be too.

But then the bonhomie is shattered
    As we pause for the local news.
    Its not even in HD?!?!!
    Local murders in 480p.

I switch over to sky news.
    That was a mistake…
    **** you Rupert,
    **** you.

molgrips
    Free Member

Like ^^

IHN

I can never get YouTube videos to link, but here, this one:

neilthewheel

My brother’s ex once recorded a radio interview with William Hague and didn’t realise til the end that she hadn’t pressed record. She was about to apologise and ask him to do it again…. then she decided she’d rather pretend she hadn’t noticed til he’d gone a’s she couldn’t bear the tedium of listening to him twice. We need more of that sort of spirit in journalism!

That’s excellent.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Random questions that drift into your head while watching the news…’ is closed to new replies.