Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ragley Blue Pig Sizing
  • tjr666
    Free Member

Hey folks, looks like I will be picking up my new Blue Pig frame in the next week or so…what size frame do you reckon I should go for? I am 5'8" and my current steed is a kona blast deluxe with a 16" frame, which I find perfect…stick with same or will 18" be the way to go?

Trekster

Reckon so.

Think you might find the 18 big.

I am 6ft and have the 18 with a 70mm stem which suits me just fine.

nbt

16 at the max mate, I'm 5'9", 32" inside leg and ride a 16" with loads of seatpost showing

firestarter
    Free Member

after bothering brant with a million questions re sizing i can assure you 16 for sure. Im five ten and would struggle with any bigger than 16 its a 31 standover and the 18 is a 31.9 inch standover too much for me 🙂

tjr666
    Free Member

cheers folks, 16 it is!

toys19
    Free Member

There isnt anything smaller than a 16 is there? I'm 5ft 5 and I reckon it'll be too big for me..

blurltrider
    Free Member

I'm 5ft 6 with 29 standover so I reckon I'd find the 16 too big as well.

brant
    Free Member

I had no standover at all when I had a Yamaha YZ125, but I got on OK with it for a couple of seasons enduro "racing".

brant
    Free Member

There isnt anything smaller than a 16 is there? I'm 5ft 5 and I reckon it'll be too big for me..

Not currently.

firestarter
    Free Member

yeah i didnt have much clearance on my zxr to be fair 🙂

nbt

tjr666, I'm only over the hill in Marple if you want to throw a leg over mine for size? We'll be doing a local ride on Saturday morning, mail me if you fancy trying it – my email is in my profile

toys19
    Free Member

Brant
    Not currently.

Any reason, I mean I know lots of people are tall these days, better nutrition and all, but aren't you losing a market share by excluding stumpies? Lots of Welsh and Irish peeps like hardtails too. 😥

brant
    Free Member

aren't you losing a market share by excluding stumpies?

14in sales are less than 5% of the market. Plus long travel hard tails for short people suffer from the fact that the bars and headtube end up so high (the height at the front of a bike is largely independant of the size of the frame, as it's mostly made up of fork + wheel.

We'll roll one out at some point, but that's why we didn't initially.

toys19
    Free Member

brant – Premier Member

aren't you losing a market share by excluding stumpies?

14in sales are less than 5% of the market. Plus long travel hard tails for short people suffer from the fact that the bars and headtube end up so high (the height at the front of a bike is largely independant of the size of the frame, as it's mostly made up of fork + wheel.

We'll roll one out at some point, but that's why we didn't initially.

Brant would you elaborate a bit more? I don't think I have understood you. I have a 14 inch 456 with fox van 32's, I find the bar height great, I use a very short stem. I'm happy to admit that my riding position might be all wrong as I don't know what's right, and everyone says it looks like a jump bike.. I would really appreciate if you could explain what the bar/head tube issue is? What problems it causes?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I'm 5'10 and have an 18, which is fine for me. Certainly couldn't go any bigger, but the 16 would be a bit on the weeny side

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ragley Blue Pig Sizing’ is closed to new replies.