Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ragley Blue Pig
  • COZZY
    Free Member

Has anyone got a Ragley Blue Pig ? – any feedback greatly appreciated ..

cheers

spw3

I have a version 1 bike set up with 140mm version 1 Pikes, flat pedals and 1×9 (30t NW and 12-36 cassette mind). Really like it. Climbs well for something designed to hoon down hill. Not planning on selling.

Oh, looks like a gate in anything larger than 16″ size.

banks
    Free Member

Got a blue pig x – 160mm Rc3’s, 1×10 etc etc. Bloody love it, built it up as a temporary bike, I didn’t ride anything else for months & months!

Climbs well for a bike which is too small, has big sticky tyres on and the wrong forks on.

bennn
    Free Member

Got a MK1 with Revs, had it since new and it’s still excellent.

I keep looking at newer, more modern 650B HT’s but then ride mine again and can’t justify a change.

arogers
    Free Member

I had one in large and absolutely hated it. Really harsh ride and getting it around corners felt akin to manoeuvring stepladders through a bus shelter. I’ve owned a lot of bikes and that thing takes the title of worst ever. I’ve heard the smaller sizes ride much better but I’ve no intention of ever finding out.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Had a MK3. Head and shoulders the best most fun hardtail I’ve ever ridden. It handled like a dream, ate up lumpen trails so much so it made me reassess what a HT could do. If you are an aggressive rider it rewards in spades! The comments about it being sluggish on the flat are true but that doesn’t matter when you’re going up or down! Who knew a heavy gas piper could get up tech climbs so well.

Be careful buying second hand a lot of them were not straight from new! Tubes bent and welded offset ridiculously bad QC. The 2016 range seem to be leagues better quality wise.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

It felt dead IMO. I was looking for a long travel hard tail and rode one for an hour or two. It and the BFe just felt leaden. The Dartmoor Hornet and Dialed Alpine were the two that managed to be hardcore hartails without feeling like you were, to use arogers excellent simile, manouvering a stepladder around a bus shelter.

The Alpine beat the Hornet for me. I can’t explain why, just felt like the right bike.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Raced mine yesterday at Brighton Big Dog, with 150mm Sektors and dropper post.
    Good for 34min laps and a pleasure to ride.
    It’s been a great bike over the years and I feel very fond of it.

Northwind

Not quite the same but I had a Ragley Ti and a couple of Mmmbops, exact same geometry, absolutely bloody magnificent tbh. Descended superbly as you’d expect but it’s not compromised, it’s an outrageously good technical climber too and perfectly good at bimbling (I raced the Glentress Seven xc race on mine, it was a wee bit heavier than an XC whippet but otherwise spot on… Did a few enduros and rode it down fort william too 😆

There’s a lot of steel in the Pig and that could make a difference… The Bop for me was too stiff, it was a total handful ridden fast, but the Ti was a total masterpiece.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Best technical climber I’ve ever ridden.

Great fun on descents.

It’s the only bike I regret selling…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ragley Blue Pig’ is closed to new replies.