• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by kilo.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • RaceBlade longs, for my sanity….
  • Kryton57

Do they actually fit on the QR front & back, for road bikes with no eyelets/mounts?

Kryton57

Bump?

hatter

Short answer… Yes

Long answer… Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

tomhoward

Mine do 🙂

kilo

proof below;

Kahurangi

Am I late?

Simle answer: yes.

Convoluted answer: kilo man, learn to resize your photos before you put them on the internet. a 1.5 mb photo in place of a one-word answer (yes) to a question? Have a word with yourself.

ChrisA
    Free Member

Yes they do.

I’m back to the race blades now and have a spare set of longs if your after a set? They are silver

TiRed

Didn’t they have a recall? Early ones used to clip onto the QR skewer and the new ones loop over the ends, so you have to remove the skewer completely to fit/remove? Could someone post a nice picture of their Longs removed with just the brake bridge mounting in place? I’m thinking of a set for my race bike when it moves to winter duties.

kilo

Early ones used to clip onto the QR skewer and the new ones loop over the ends, so you have to remove the skewer completely to fit/remove

The ones I have which i presume are later ones as I bought them in November clip into a mounting point which goes under the qr which you can see in the photo above, so to fit the mounting point you have to remove the qr but once that is in place to remove the guards you just unclip them there leaving the q/r alone and at the brake mounting point.

kilo man, learn to resize your photos before you put them on the internet. a 1.5 mb photo in place of a one-word answer (yes) to a question? Have a word with yourself.

I believe one photo is worth 1.5mb of words or something like that, but the photo helpfully shows the mounting clip as detailed above in reply to another question, so it’s all worked out nicely :-).

Is 1.5mb big? I’m not a computer nerd so have no idea

Kryton57

ChrisA – Member
    Yes they do.

I’m back to the race blades now and have a spare set of longs if your after a set? They are silver

Thanks Chris – I may be interested depending on what colour bike I get – I should know by the weekend.

ampthill

Could we have a better white balance on the photo as well

😉

amedias
    Free Member

do the QR clips work with nutted 9 and 10mm axles as well, or is the hole only big enough for the m5 bolt/qr spindle?

I’m assuming they do as it would be mad for them not to, but just checking…

cheers_drive

Sorry to divert the thread a little but how to the Race Blade longs compare to Crud Road racers?
    I’m fed up of the Roadracers always rubbing and clogging up with mud.

kilo

amedias – Member

do the QR clips work with nutted 9 and 10mm axles as well, or is the hole only big enough for the m5 bolt/qr spindle?

I’m assuming they do as it would be mad for them not to, but just checking…

just looked qr spindle only

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘RaceBlade longs, for my sanity….’ is closed to new replies.