Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Race Face Turbine Cinch cranks..one size fits all? Particularly a Boost frame?
  • Poopscoop

These

Will they fit a Boost frame? Sorry guys…. just starting to learn the whole Boost thing…

Frame is a Carbon Jeffsy if that makes a difference? No idea of BB size (68/73)? Just that its BB92 of course.

Thanks guys, the info is always appreciated!

vincienup
    Free Member

Possibly/probably. The RF Cinch cranks are a completely modular system. The axle/spindle is interchangeable and there are several alternative lengths, all producing different Q-factors and suiting different BB sizes etc.

RF134 is the default axle and fits 68/73mm BSA shells and BB92. This is probably what CRC are selling but they should make it clear. You can change the chainline by 6.5mm to 57.5mm by flipping the chainring.

Here’s the tech doc

Pridds

Yes, you just need a boost chainring and a different bb as the bb92 is 24 mm axle and the turbines are 30mm, or you could get a race face aeffect crank, that will fit straight in.

benpinnick

I dont think theres a proper boost version of the 30mm Turbine Cinch however the effect could be copied with a 3rd party ring with a different offset. I may be wrong on the crank BTW – I don’t know about every variants options.

bbb
    Free Member

The only difference is the arrangement of the spacers that come with the crank and BB.

I have a nearly brand new set of 2016 RF Turbine Cinch taken off a boost Yeti SB6c after 3 rides. The chainring is a 30t and the crank length is 175mm. It comes with a BB92 RF bottom bracket and all the spacers required for setting it up for regular or boost frames. I’m looking for £100 plus £10 posted if you are interested. Email in profile or see here:

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2114515/

mboy
    Free Member

Yes they will fit a boost frame.

RF use an offset of 51mm, which is inbetween the typical non boost and boost offset, and in my experience, works fine on both. Worth noting that the high end Jeffsy comes with RF cinch cranks anyway…

Worth noting that RF’s own BB92 BB is crap. I use the Hope version instead which has way better bearings and lasts a lot longer.

Poopscoop

Thanks so much for help guys.

Aren’t all BB92 30mm guys?

The Jeffsy frame I’ve bought did indeed have an RF cinch crankset fitted I believe.

It was/is a carbon Comp 1 build.

Thanks again guys.

bbb Ygm!

Poopscoop

bbb….

No email in your profile mate?

Will post on pink bike.

Sent you a PM on here but didn’t know that feature was even available on stw? ? Is it a paid subscriber only thing?

bbb
    Free Member

Hi Poopscoop,

I saw your message on PB – have replied there!

Iain

Poopscoop

🙂

Pridds

BB92 is a 24mm standard but Race face and Hope do BB’s to allow you to run some 30mm cranks in them.
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/to-the-point-bottom-brackets-2014.html

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Race Face Turbine Cinch cranks..one size fits all? Particularly a Boost frame?’ is closed to new replies.