Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Race Face crank puller.
  • beaconjon
    Free Member

I’m getting rid of my old cranks, can anyone recommend a puller for Race Face Prodigy XC cranks? I’m unsure of the thread size and don’t want to get it wrong.

Many thanks, Jon

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Not sure of thread size but the socket is longer for Race/face cranks.Have a race/face socket.Going back a bit.Liked those cranks looked cool.

somouk
    Free Member

I thought the raceface stuff self pulled using the allen key bolt?

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Those prodigy are isis I think so you need an isis crank puller…
    Its basicall a square raper puller with a larger end piece so the sq taper ‘press’ doesn’t dissapear down the larger bolt diameter.

beaconjon
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. Got a mate who has an Isis puller so that should sort it.

Sundayjumper

Or leave the bolt in place on the other side and put a short socket extension inside the axle so that you push against the bolt. That’s worked for me before !

chestrockwell

I got caught out by this when stripping my bike down and had to go out and buy an Isis puller for the Race Face crank. Naturally the ‘normal’ pullers were £4 where as the Isis was £15. 👿

Why use a standard that no one else uses? I now have a very nice tool that will still be very nice in 20 years as it won’t get any use.

nemesis
    Free Member

As a one off, you can (carefully) use a 1p coin (iirc. Otherwise it’s a 5p one) with a normal crank puller to get isis cranks off.

chestrockwell

Tried that with the Race Face crank but it didn’t work.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Race Face crank puller.’ is closed to new replies.