Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Quinn Car insurance….
  • Offroading
    Free Member

Anyone here with them ?

Just been getting quotes and everything is around £900 third party… Quinn coming in at £600 Fully Comp!! Im praying to god there good…

Saccades
    Free Member

They may be different in the UK, but in ireland they are famous for giving low quotes then wriggling like bastards so they don't have to pay out.

Normally used by people who use romary beads before every drive to pray, because if they crash it gives you more cover then quinn.

wombat

Check you'd be getting all the cover you need and nothing you don't. You don't need to be paying for bundles extras like roadside assistance if you've already got it elsewhere.

But…A lot of cheap insurance quotations don't include things like courtesy car cover or glass cover and often have a low maximum payout for theft of personal items from the vehicle.

If you've checked these things and can live without them then I'd say why not go for it?

Offroading
    Free Member

Well the car is worth about £200…

So if the windscrean breaks i could care less.
    Im a mechanic so i will hang me head in shame if it breaks down + can fix it myself so courtesy car not needed…
    Never carry anything in it of value (aside from myself)

Hmmm.

wombat

Strikes me that if the car's worth about £200 the chances of the insurance writing it off if it has much of a bump is quite high..do you need fully comp?

Offroading
    Free Member

no not really but the difference between fully comp and third party is only £60…. This is my first car, first insurance etc and i believe the sooner i get fully comp the better for future quotes etc ?

wombat

I'm not convinced that insurance companies are that bothered what level of cover you've had in the past. I think they're muche more interested in accidents and convictions (or, ideally, a complete lack of both 🙂 )

cp

whether you have third party or comp doesn't affect future quotes – simply the number of years you've had a policy in your name. some policies allow you to protect your no claims by paying extra – if you have an accident then your no claims isn't affected.

Anyway, if you have an accident at your fault, they should certainly pay the 3rd party, and as your car is of no value essentially, then it doesn't really matter whether they pay up for you – the excess will be more than the value of the car!

just get the cheapest possible in your case!

Offroading
    Free Member

So the excess is £250….

Say i go third part fire + theft, i hit someone – do they pay out for the other persons car and thats it or do i have to pay the excess etc ?

Im tempted to just go TP F+T if the level of cover doesn't matter…

carlosg
    Free Member

They were the worst ones when I did a comparison search for my insurance renewal, my Rover 75 diesel with them would've been £1246.00 protected fully comp instead of th £315.00 I did pay.

cp

carlosg – of course different insurers target different markets at different times, which is why its always best to do a confused or similar search every year!

Offroading – if it's your fault, you pay the excess. if someone hits you, you dont (assuming they're insured etc…)

MrGreedy

I always use the Moneysaving expert step by step guide when it's renewal time. In many cases it's actually cheaper to get a full comp cover than 3rd party, but as above make sure the policy includes what you need and not what you don't.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Yeah i have used quinn insurance , only had one claim and it was non fault, so cant comment on that but they have just sent my renewal quote and ive found it £250 cheaper elsewhere (hastings)

Offroading
    Free Member

Hmm decisions decisions. They are the cheapest option for me so far by a long shot.

Flaperon

Sorry to interrupt, but doesn't the phrase "I really could care less" imply that you do care about it? Bleedin' Amercianisms. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Quinn Car insurance….’ is closed to new replies.