• This topic has 55 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by poly.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Question for parents of children, a bit of a rant
  • DezB
    Free Member

I’m a parent of a child, but do not recognise any of the behaviour described by the OP. (Except the carrying of the bag – hey, he’s worked hard at school all day, can’t expect him to do that eh?!)

poly
    Free Member

[/quote]Project: oha nd why do 4×4 always park on the pavement or on some poor child.

I’ve never seen a 4×4 parked on a child. I have seen a bus parked on a child – it wasn’t pretty – should we ban busses?

I’m not sure I understand your opening rant, but I think the answer is simple: society has made it generally socially unacceptable in many parts of the country to allow primary school children to walk or cycle to school without supervision due to the perceived risk that they will be abducted by paedophiles or killed by 4×4 drivers. You are part of Society, you are part of the problem.

I have no idea what unfit people were doing encouraging children to cycle on your person cycle track at the weekends; I can only apologise for this on behalf of all parents. There are some confusing messages coming from government that we should try to get fit and keep active – I think some of these have missed the important section which says that all cycle paths and trail centres are intended for the exclusive use of fit people with good bikes.

Have you considered changing your work patterns / commuting times so you are not conflicting with the peak flow of school traffic? You’ll find that the vast majority of bike tracks are quiet during the normal school day – you could always use them during that time until you learn some tolerance or become skilled enough to venture off signposted routes!

DezB
    Free Member

I can only apologise for this on behalf of all parents.

Except me

greenboy
    Free Member

Does it really matter, what happened to a bit latitude for our fellow humans.
    Why not worry or rant about poverty?

Junkyard
    Free Member

My wife can’t do two drop offs and be at work

Ah I miss the 70’s when it was all down to the wifey to do the childcare stuff? Thank god for equality and liberation so these days we make them do this and work as well 😉
    Bag carrying – Why does this matter?
    Depends if you want them to be self reliant or just let you do everything for them.

How do you know it is a picture of a man?

it is a mans frame

You are part of Society, you are part of the problem

Oh poo I am now part of the problem of racism , rapists , the yorkshire ripper etc. The fact I dont do any of these thinsg is clearly not the issue and I am still part of the problem due to geographically sharing an island with peole who do thses things

paulosoxo
    Free Member

My wife can’t do two drop offs and be at work

Ah I miss the 70’s when it was all down to the wifey to do the childcare stuff? Thank god for equality and liberation so these days we make them do this and work as well
    Bag carrying – Why does this matter?
    Depends if you want them to be self reliant or just let you do everything for them.

Gah!

Annoyed now as I take the wee fella 3 days a week and my wife takes him on the two days she has off. I was merely trying to be a smart arse, and failing 🙂

Is it worth mentioning that we have a 4×4 that has never been off-road (except to park on a footpath 😉 )

plumber
    Free Member

I don’t have children but on the odd occasion I’m forced into their presence I find them **** ing objectionable to the last. This is not their fault but ALWAYS that of their ‘parents’ who seem to have devolved into children lackies

I once heard a woman ask her 2 year old daughter what she wanted for tea – there is so many levels of wrong in that

Happy to ignore all your children if I can

Plum

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I once heard a woman ask her 2 year old daughter what she wanted for tea – there is so many levels of wrong in that

explain

we do it all the time, mainly with choices, helps make sure they eat it. But because we have never served chips and turkey twislers we never get asked for that (and they wouldn’t get it)

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Would you like to tidy up, or would you like to stand in the corner? Kids need choices, it’s how they grow up to be normal.

Did you hate yourself as a child plumber?

project
    Free Member

poly – Member

Project: oha nd why do 4×4 always park on the pavement or on some poor child.

I’ve never seen a 4×4 parked on a child. I have seen a bus parked on a child – it wasn’t pretty – should we ban busses?

I’m not sure I understand your opening rant, but I think the answer is simple: society has made it generally socially unacceptable in many parts of the country to allow primary school children to walk or cycle to school without supervision due to the perceived risk that they will be abducted by paedophiles or killed by 4×4 drivers. You are part of Society, you are part of the problem.

I have no idea what unfit people were doing encouraging children to cycle on your person cycle track at the weekends; I can only apologise for this on behalf of all parents. There are some confusing messages coming from government that we should try to get fit and keep active – I think some of these have missed the important section which says that all cycle paths and trail centres are intended for the exclusive use of fit people with good bikes.

Have you considered changing your work patterns / commuting times so you are not conflicting with the peak flow of school traffic? You’ll find that the vast majority of bike tracks are quiet during the normal school day – you could always use them during that time until you learn some tolerance or become skilled enough to venture off signposted routes!

Posted 6 hours ago # Report-Post

Poly luv, best to ask a man how to put things in quotes.

Kids should be taught the correct way to use cycle tracks as one day they may do the same thing on the road in front of a car or bus, and there will be no escape for them, society or some women hate men, and always use the excuse of pedophiles to protect their little sprogs, sadly pedoplhiles have been around for ever, theyre not just arrived in the 4 x 4 outside the school.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The old bill have started hanging around our school chastising anyone who parks on the pavement, near the zig zags etc etc! Also as for lane discipline you want to cycle round carsington reservoir in Derbyshire with the kids , its a fookin nightmare because the walkers and bird watchers etc on there are the most miserable bastards ever who force the kids to veer anywhere!!!!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Would you like to tidy up, or would you like to stand in the corner? Kids need choices, it’s how they grow up to be normal.

True, but they always choose the corner, and who can blame them. Many days I would be glad to be put in the corner and ignored for 42 minutes

IdleJon

Is it worth mentioning that we have a 4×4 that has never been off-road (except to park on a footpath )

Although if you try driving your 4×4 offroad on a footpath, you’ll get a whole new group of people hating you…….

Junkyard
    Free Member

I don’t have children but on the odd occasion I’m forced into their presence I find them **** ing objectionable to the last. This is not their fault but ALWAYS that of their ‘parents’ who seem to have devolved into children lackies

You are correct i DO control everything my children do , think, say and act. They are in no way childish, immature , unpredictable and emotionially discombobulated. What I dont understand is why I chose to let them go so long without sleeping through at night ,tidying up after themselves, eating properly, having manners, sharing etc. Someone once talked to me about child development, the maturation of the brain and the growth of the pre frontal cortex and something abut hormones PAH I knew it was my fault.
    So you always find children objectionable every time and it is always someone else fault …have a think about that one please.
    oh and on behalf of the gene pool thank you

poly
    Free Member

Poly luv, best to ask a man how to put things in quotes.

That comment could probably have been hugely insulting if I were female! It just made you look an even bigger cock

Kids should be taught the correct way to use cycle tracks as one day they may do the same thing on the road in front of a car or bus, and there will be no escape for them,

But if the first part of that is motivating them to ride with the purpose of getting somewhere (my own son didn’t “get” cycling until he discovered it as a mode of transport) then they can do so in the relative safety of whatever a cycle track is. Once they’ve got that then they might be interested in riding on the roads and can learn the extra skills necessary for mixing with traffic.

society or some women hate men, and always use the excuse of pedophiles to protect their little sprogs, sadly pedoplhiles have been around for ever,

indeed thats why I used the phrase “perceived risk” in my earlier post.

The reason you are part of the problem is you are perpetuating the myth that all the other 4×4’s on the road will drive over little Johnny if he cycles. Your perpetuate the myth therefore Society comes to believe the roads are dangerous and Johnny shouldn’t cycle. You are also part of the problem because every time we do anything raising our children people judge us (we’re either spoiling them or too tough on them and it would be impossible to keep everyone happy) – since its not really any of your business how I bring up my kids then perhaps you could keep your antagonistic views to yourself and then people might feel free to do what they want rather than conform.

DezB:
    Except me

sorry I thought it would have been obvious this was being delivered with a giant dose of sarcasm.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Question for parents of children, a bit of a rant’ is closed to new replies.