Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • pure racing 27.2. has anyone got one they could measure for me ?
  • pinkyponk
    Free Member

I am thinking of buying one of these but i need to know how long it is fully extended from min insert to centre of the clamp.
    anyones help with this would be really appreciated.
    cheers

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I have an pure I850 and it’s 27cm min to saddle rail.

I think its an i850 : not sure as the etching is worn as I had to keep moving it up and down with the seat clamp! that should give you an idea about how reliable it is!

If you were thinking of buying one – save your pennies for something better (more reliable) unless you want to try a dropper for cheap and then buy a proper one.

pinkyponk
    Free Member

I was looking at a new one with the piggy back bit. dont you rate them ? the only other thing is the x-fusion one but i dont think its been released yet ?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I dont know about that one – it may well be better. The i850 is really poor. But it was cheap. Mine needed constant tlc to even half work so I just gave up on it.

Praise on here seems to be heaped on Gravity Dropper’s and possible the new Rockshox one.

Liftman

Pinkyponk – it is 250mm from min insert to centre of clamp

pinkyponk
    Free Member

Many thanks liftman, im not sure thats long enough.
    how do you get on with it ?

Liftman

Been back for repair after 1st ride, on its return packed in on its second ride, sent it back for replacement, replacement is on the bike awaiting its first outing. If this one goes the way the first one i will be going for a refund.
    I would go for a gravity dropper, bit fugly but simple design and easy to service, and it just works.

pinkyponk
    Free Member

it does look shit, but if it works thats all that counts for me.
    thanks for the info.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘pure racing 27.2. has anyone got one they could measure for me ?’ is closed to new replies.