Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • Pump Rage
  • TooTall
    Free Member

I like the way you don’t think ‘why?’ and go straight to ‘FIGHT’.

You need to calm down a bit, princess.

Torminalis
    Free Member

I find that having a camera in your car is very helpful, if people steal your space, get a little angsty etc, whip out your camera and just take a photo. Make sure you take the time to get a really good one, fiddle with some settings, zoom in close. Then ignore them.

The conventional response to this tends to be that they go a little white and back down very quickly. Any impulse to do you violence quickly fades when they know you have an excellent mugshot for follow up purposes (be they revenge, police, internet humiliation or whatever else their now slightly off balance mind can muster)

coffeeking
    Free Member

To be honest I rarely use the pump on the wrong side of the car because the hoses rarely stretch far enough and you end up scratching the hell out of your bodywork unless you want to hold the hose off it for 5 minutes while filling and get covered in dribbles of fuel and grit.

I also don’t move away from the pump as on one occasion the garage logged me as a drive-away fuel thief and were moaning about it when I went in to pay – tis all done by cameras automatically you see.

LoCo
    Free Member

To be fair Tootall, you are verging on a man mountain so I doubt many people will give you too much rage.
    The attendant that was shouting at us for supposedly knicking petrol calmed down a bit when he got to the door and saw me standing next to the car. 😀

Olly
    Free Member

silver VW repmobile

ahem. VAG group (irrational) dislike… +1

though you both seem hellishly quick to jump into a fight.

myself, i would have told him to chill the eff out and then ignored him.

might thrown a “you little runt” in there too.

hora
    Free Member

I always fuel from eitherside without the need for the hose to touch my car. The knack is to park just after the pump and close. You don’t have to stretch or strain either.

MrOvershoot

Quite a lot in Liverpool also say “Pay before filling” never do mind as I don’t know how much it’s going to take to fill it?

Also there is a garage down the road from work where the all the hoses have been shortened so you can’t fill from either side!! I won’t use that garage on principle now.

philconsequence
    Free Member

http://www.maplin.co.uk/scrolling-message-board-35483

one of these in the back window is what you need 😀

thomthumb
    Free Member

once had an old guy shouting at me for not pulling forward to the first pump, i didn’t want to as it was all premium fuels.

i filled up at the back row, refusing to shout at him across the forecourt, he refused to get out the car and speak to me, as i drove off i saw him pull up to the first pump – big van pulls into the second one – then he realises what i’d been trying to tell him – saw him get back in the car – explain to his wife and drive all the way to the back of the queue!!

dozy old fool!!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Quite a lot in Liverpool also say “Pay before filling” never do mind as I don’t know how much it’s going to take to fill it?

They just authorise your card, let you fill, then take the quantity they require. Seems a bit odd at first.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

You are both as deranged as a box of frogs, must have been the fuel fumes

The asumption of some tall people that as they are tall they must automaticaly the daddy and can beat up smaller people is tragicaly flawed and will get them into a whole world of pain.

coffeeking
    Free Member

The asumption of some tall people that as they are tall they must automaticaly the daddy and can beat up smaller people is tragicaly flawed and will get them into a whole world of pain.

Tall != hard, of course. But it does give you certain advantages, namely longer reach and higher impact speed for the same limb angle motion. Either way, smaller people /tent/ to be intimidated by a 6ft+ 17st athletic guy, regardless of real hardness.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Tall != hard

C Programmer?

MrNutt
    Free Member

erm, I’m 5.11 Mr Average, Mikeypies why do you automatically think I’m lofty?

Bloody napoleons, always have a complex that people taller than them always want to get one over on them 😀

That arsehat clearly thought that he was able to bully me into moving to rectify to his poor choice of pump and his subsequent reluctance to move, well he very nearly came a cropper..

I just want to be left alone to go about my business! Bully not lest you be bullied.

They just authorise your card, let you fill, then take the quantity they require. Seems a bit odd at first.

That’s normal practice at truck stops where there’s potential to fill your tank with 500+ litres.
    They won’t switch the pump on until you’ve left your credit card at the till.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

well it was your statement now he’s shorter than me by about 5 inches

You need to chill and talk garbage to people who are as deranged as he was it totaly catchs them off guard.

Going to all guns blazing is hardly worth it and has unfortunately led to people ending up in prison for manslaughter.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I actually need this.

This is actually true and has been the undoing of one or two angry men I’ve encountered. 🙂

Always go for the ankles. Take the ankles out, then they can’t stand up.

D0NK

Bloody hell, can’t beleive you both got so irate, I’m guessing you went mental due to his initial immense overreaction but you should still chill.

Only trouble I ever had on a forecourt was some idiot had parked his rangerover miles away from the pump, I had to squeeze my car into the other side and could only just get the petrol nozzle into petrol cap. Tool came back from paying, saw me struggling but just got into his silly sized car and drove off, if I hadn’t whipped the nozzle out of the filler his wheel arch would have trashed the pump nozzle, my car or both.

IdleJon

Torminalis – Member
    I find that having a camera in your car is very helpful, if people steal your space, get a little angsty etc, whip out your camera and just take a photo.

Of course, most mobiles have a camera in them and it’s easy enough to take the phone out of your pocket and point it at the ‘offender’.

I find that it’s useful when people drive through red lights onto pedestrian crossings when the green man is on and I’m in the process of crossing. Makes them a little more apologetic!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Take the ankles out, then they can’t stand up.

You been watching Karate Kid 3?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No, ‘Enter the Ferret’, starring Bruce Flea.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I find all this talk of bestiality to be lewd and misozoonistic

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Heh! 😀

Nutt and Elfin discuss the shocking rise in the price of fuel:

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

how did it go so wrong… ‘petrol fight!’

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVvtqO4q9uQ[/video]

bassspine
    Free Member

calm down a bit, princess.

nice turn of phrase.
    can we have CDABP to go with MTFU please?

philconsequence
    Free Member

a little video of TSY, myself, Torminalis and MrNutt from last weekend… cant understand why the VW driver got angry?!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVvtqO4q9uQ[/video]

philconsequence
    Free Member

beautiful people think alike!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Phil, I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. Care to join me in finding out what it is?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

beautiful people think alike!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVdfANgPAz4[/video]

Torminalis
    Free Member

Beauty may only be skin deep but ugliness goes to the bone.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

uh oh! here we go again. Hope they are not too beautiful, the might cause a sexual response.

philconsequence
    Free Member

you saying i’ve got ugly bones?! 😯

MrOvershoot

coffeeking – Member

Well I can understand that (if your using a card) so why not say so?

+ some of the characters running the till’s look very iffy IMO so I’m always a little wary of card skimming (it was happening at one of the garages I used to go to)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Is there a film called ‘Ugly Bones’? Or is it ‘Lovely Bones’?
    I know there’s a book called ‘Funny Bones’!

‘It was a dark, dark night,
    in a dark, dark house…’

Torminalis
    Free Member

you saying i’ve got ugly bones?

Nope, I’m saying that us beauties may be shallow, but at least we’re not evil!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Beauty may only be skin deep but ugliness goes to the bone.

Ain’t no ugliness comes near my bone!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ain’t no nothing ugliness comes near my bone!

FIFY 😀

TooTall
    Free Member

Ironically, most tall people are incredibly laid back and easy going. They have to be as it is always them the small man targets when they want to kick off in that small man way they do. I prefer using brains rather than brawn to diffuse a situation – like asking ‘why’ rather than thinking ‘FIGHT’ in my reply above.

philconsequence
    Free Member

most tall people are incredibly laid back and easy going. They have to be as it is always them the small man targets when they want to kick off in that small man way they do. I prefer using brains rather than brawn to diffuse a situation – like asking ‘why’ rather than thinking ‘FIGHT’

+1

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Pump Rage’ is closed to new replies.