Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 220 total)
  • Puffer updates. Who are you watching?
  • jkomo

How is Minipips doing now? I don’t know his name.

Diane
    Free Member

Well done Keith Forsyth! About time 😀

dotwatcher
    Free Member

He has finished 10 laps and is in 56th place. He won’t be going out for another because he wouldn’t make it around in the hour.

I suspect that he is taking in the glory and a hot chocolate.

Diane
    Free Member

What is Minipips name? I’m gobsmacked – is he really that young? (Didn’t think they were allowed to race at such a young age)

manton69

Minipips is awesome. MrsM just said that there will be some seriously embarrassed teams out there behind a very determined 9 yo. 😀

Well done to everybody. I think I will have to go out for a couple of hours and have a word with myself about getting booked on some events this year.

snotrag

Nine years old. What a hero!

cinnamon_girl

Minipips is amazing, so tough. dotwatcher – what a proud Mum you must be. 😀

dotwatcher
    Free Member

He had to get special dispensation to race from the organisers. And yes he is really only 9.

Just had a call from Rich – they are off for bacon butties, now that he has changed out of his wet clothes. After that dates with film crews. Apparently the course side support for him has been huge and although he said it is really hard he has a huge smile on his face.

cinnamon_girl

Wow and of course his Dad must also be proud.

mintimperial

Blimey. Top work, kid! 😀

martinhutch

Lad deserves his own thread.

dotwatcher
    Free Member

That is a picture of one very tired boy.

I am very very proud of him…… but he still has to tidy his room!

bearnecessities

That’s made my day, well done Minipips 🙂

(& others!)

MarinNo8
    Free Member

Move over Sir Ranulph Fiennes, I have a new idol. Well done Minipips!

fasthaggis

but he still has to tidy his room!

😆

Well done that boy

leffeboy

That’s made my day, well done Minipips

Indeed, it’s the determination and laptimes that gets me. It’s one thing to head out on another lap when you are tired and you know it will take an hour, it’s completely different when you know it is at least 2 hours. brilliant

Diane
    Free Member

Aw 😀

Bregante

Superb achievement minipips. Well done both of you for letting him do this too.

Surely he’s going to go on to achieve great things with such natural determination.

Edit: I’m going to show this to my two (7 & 10) who are currently still in their pj’s and won’t even come with me to get the paper because it’s “cold”

bikebouy
    Free Member

Epic journey and achievement Minipips..

That story needs sharing..

Truly Epic.

* dofs cap 8)

tthew

Immense. Everyone, but especially minipips. I’m imagining the conversation in the car on the way home…

Mp -dad, we’re going to have to go training next Saturday, early
    P -why? You’ve done it now.
    Mp -got to do 19 more laps if I’m going to win it next year!

dotwatcher
    Free Member

It has always been a case of letting him have a whirl…. Rich has been fab in taking him out and making sure he doesn’t come to any harm, but not being over protective if he wants to give it a try.

He did the Coast to Coast when he was 7 and then decided that he could better hs time so got Rich to turn around so they could try to beat 48 hours. It has gone from there.

tthew

Oh, and did Dazh have a major bike failure or something? His time stopped at around 15hrs. He’d have been well up there at the pace he was lapping.

ratherbeintobago

Well done minipips

yunki
    Free Member

Loving minipips.. 🙂

I’ve seen other mentions of his achievements on the forum before and been gobsmacked but this is something else..

What an inspiration!

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Nice one Keith!

kristoff
    Free Member

Well done Minipips you must be very proud of him.

Had the pleasure of meeting/riding with him at the Mtbmeetup last February, cracking young lad and puts alot of riders to shame.

He was riding the mbr trail at coed-y-brenin on a cross bike!

bruneep

Well done minipips he’s the real winner from the event.

binners

Wow! Well done minipips. What an amazing achievement!

😀

Kunstler

Minipips – awesome, inspirational. Well done to anyone who competes in this – though some folks might have to reassess their achievement when they find out they’ve been beaten by a nine year old.

jimmy

Ahaaa, it’s minipips. Seen him twice, see in time finishing my 8th (maybe 7th) lap around midnight feeling chuffed, only to hear his dad (Rich?) say well done thats 8 (or 7) and feeling a tad humbled. If I’d have known I’d have say hi. I did say well done but I’m pretty sure i won’t have been alone in that. Props t’lad.

dotwatcher
    Free Member

He has been really stoked by all the support he recieved. I don’t think he would have kept going if people hadn’t been cheering him on.

jimmy

More I think about, it’s amazing given the more techy sections. Was he on 24″ wheels too? They’d be tough on small wheels (like EVEN smaller than 26″?!?!)

dotwatcher
    Free Member

No he rides a small ladies mtb with 26 inch wheels. He loves the technical sections – he practices on Jacobs Ladder and the skate park when Rich is too tired to go out. I have been told never to watch him do a descent… it is scary to watch even when you aren’t related.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

What a great result for Minipips.
    I’m sure there’s a coupon of extremely proud parents around now.

I reckon he’s definitely one to watch out for in future.

whitestone
    Free Member

The results show him as 61st. I think you can take the 6 off that 😛

Bloomin’ well done lad!

dawson

Ace ride by Minipips!

Is this ride the first time that GM has beaten Terrahawk? A bit like the pupil beating the teacher?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Terrahawk was singlespeed

scotroutes

Given that minipips was only allowed to race as long as Rich was accompanying him, the question that should be being asked is “who tired first?”

trail_rat
    Free Member

Given that rich is a pretty accomplished endurance athlete in a couple of diciplines im not sure a pootle round contin will have phased him much 🙂

Big up mini pips though !

acer2012
    Free Member

Wow, that’s amazing minipips! Actually, inspirational. This should really get some recognition.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 220 total)

The topic ‘Puffer updates. Who are you watching?’ is closed to new replies.