Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Pub Ride Scoff.
  • singlespeedstu

Show us your pub ride scoff.
    You know the kind of stuff I’m talking about.
    Not a full blown meal but something to fill the hole midway through a ride that’s washed down with a beer or two.

Anchor beef cobs.
    How much beef can you get on one cob.
    **** awsum.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/rBuNV9]Needs more beef…[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

singlespeedstu

Come on some of you northerners must have tales of huge pies in your mid ride boozers.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Just imagine it. Not sure why anyone would want to take a photo of their meal. Seems a bit odd.

chipster

Our club motto is ride bikes, drink beer, eat cake.
    The cake’s consumed post ride, with the beer, though.

singlespeedstu

Need a hug Neil?

ton

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qCwhU1]cidImage_FOT750F.JPG[/url] by 20ston, on Flickr

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hmmmm.. I don’t eat on a ride either.. Normally just get home and eat flapjack..

So heres a pic of flapjack, you know just in case you don’t know what flapjack is..

Don’t worry though will you, I do drink Beer but that tends to be in the evening..

So heres a pic of Beer, you know just in case you are missing a Beer and want to be reminded of what Beer looks like..

singlespeedstu

Cheers for that I’ve never seen beer or flapjack before.
    Might have to try some. 🙂
    What does the beers stuff do?
    Is it like a malty recovery drink?

bikeneil
    Free Member

Need a hug Neil?

Nah. I’m good ta.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Defo a recovery drink, filled with all Gods nutrients to help sooth aching muscles and dry eyes. Tends to linger on the tongue if quaffed slowly, rarely hits the back of my throat per 1/4 of the glass. You’ll need 4 pints before it takes effective neutralising pain/numb threshold. Normally by this time I’m a quivering wreck dribbling on my lap but the aching muscles I can’t feel any longer.
    Works for me, tomorrow night is Beer night in the Bouy household and bouy am I looking forward to it. We will enter our favourite establishment in the Hampshire Hills that brews it’s award winning ales and has a menu of..

Starters..
    Peanuts
    Main Menu..
    Steak & Chips
    Or
    Gammon, Egg & Chips
    Or the Vegetarian option..
    Egg & Chips

It is a simple menu for simple folk.

😀

z1ppy

bikeneil – Member

Just imagine it. Not sure why anyone would want to take a photo of their meal. Seems a bit odd.

Because the Anchor cobs are awesome… Anchor Cob Appreciation Society on FB
    (though since moving closer, I’ve not had one in ages)

singlespeedstu

**** me z1ppy i knew Trace was odd but i had no idea she was that odd. 🙂

z1ppy

Heh, I used to work with Justin, she must be extremely weird 😉

julianwilson
    Free Member

According to a recent thread on here, if you are riding less than 50k you shouldn’t be needing more than a solitary tunnocks to keep you going. I must be doing something wrong then. I can recommend the Burrator Inn, Dousland, Dartmoor for somewhere near great trails that is a pub but also serves food like a greasy spoon caff at greasy spoon prices. I had the ‘veggie option’ (egg and chips) and it was like going back in time but in a nice way.

Houns

When I do actually ride a bike it is with the sole purpose of ending up at a pub for beers and food.

I shall post pictures later when I’ve sifted through them all.

_tom_
    Free Member

That looks like a full blown meal rather than something to fill a hole 😯

Tracey

Nice stop off after Cut gate

z1ppy

What with leaving you one daughter outside? Or was there two pub (pie) stops?

binners

The best Monday Night Pub Ride venue to finish at is the Church in Prestwich, as behind the bar is this vision of wonder and delight…..

No… your eyes do not deceive you. Thats a fridge stocked full of all manner of delicious pork pies. Be still my beating heart (literally and metaphorically)

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I used to ride a Maxlight XC. Some bloke on the campsite scoffed at it and said ‘yeah, nice, I need to get a pub bike’.

That’s the one that hurt the most.

The other scoff and one I liked much more is a starter of proper hard black country pork scratchings, then a giant french stick all crammed with cheddar cheese and spanish onion, all swilled down with pint or two of Bathams bitter. Camp House. Grimley. By the river. On the grass. In the sunshine. Ahhh.

Tracey

Someone has to guard the bikes, thought that’s what kids were for.
    She’s the fastest so if some one tried to pinch them there is a better chance of catching them, whilst we finish the pies.

z1ppy

I always assumed kids would be a waste of bike money, so never bothered. I think locks are cheaper. 😉

Tracey

Locks are defiantly cheaper, not sure she would agree about the waste of bike money

She did five weeks in the Alps last year on her Enduro

singlespeedstu

all swilled down with pint or two of Bathams bitter.

We normally do a tour of all ten of the Bathams pubs in the summer.
    A great way to spend a sunny saturday pedaling 50 miles and drinking at least ten pints. There’s a bit of a gap between some of them so we have to have “extras” .

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Pub Ride Scoff.’ is closed to new replies.