Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Pub Farting Etiquette
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

We have a village “character” who frequents our local micropub. He’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but otherwise a nice enough chap in a monosyllabic sort of a way, he likes his ale and generally mixes okay with everyone.

However, he also seems to have problem flatulence – by that I mean the type of fart that empties the entire pub three or four times in one evening. As Jilly Goulden might be moved to say “I’m getting notes of farmyard, volcanic sulphur and necrotic rat”. Customers and bar staff have complained about the stench and the landlord has on several occasions taken the chap aside to plead “Steve, for Christ’s sake please fart outside”. There’s a collection of industrial strength air-freshener sprays on the bar, but it’s all to no avail, Steve ignores all hints and reasonable requests, he keeps quacking away night after night resulting in an exodus of choking punters.

Some of us worry that Steve has a profound learning difficulty and that he may not be entirely responsible for his actions.

Are we being played?

fossy

You are spending too much time in the pub !

fatboyjon

Steve for PM. Embrace the diversity of characters in your life.

thepurist

Are we talking a berepper or silent-but-deadly? If he’s audible over the general bar hubbub then you can at least all get to the exits.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Are LEV barstools a thing?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Steve for PM. Embrace the diversity of characters in your life.

Quite the metaphor – Johnson farts in our faces daily and people still vote for him. Steve is better PM material though.

Are we talking a berepper or silent-but-deadly?

Proper SBD, there’s no warning of the impending trouser-cough. Steve will even stand there in the epicentre of chuff chaos with a blank expression on his face as we scramble for the door. It’s like that scene from The Wrath of Khan when the Enterprise is under attack and everyone is fleeing the toxic gas leakage in engineering.

kayak23

PJM1974
    Free Member

Thank you Kayak – a pub whip-around will be arranged.

mert
    Free Member

😀
    We used to have a customer like that in the pub i worked at while at uni.

Sat at the end of the bar drinking stout and eating bar snacks all night.
    Farts smelt much as you describe.

Eventual solution was a one strike and you’re out rule.
    Which worked well for everyone, he went for a lap of the building every time he had the urge to fart, so we didn’t have to breathe noxious fumes, once he was drunk, and forgot about the rule, or just thought he could get away with it, he’d get thrown out and save himself a fortune.

andytherocketeer

“The one who smelt it, must have dealt it!” 😉

tomhoward

“The one who smelt it, must have dealt it!”

He who made the rhyme, did the crime…

kayak23

Thank you Kayak – a pub whip-around will be arranged.

Sounds like there’s already quite enough ‘whipping around’ as it were.

Cougar

He who denied it supplied it.

LAT

You are spending too much time in the pub !

is this a thing now? i don’t understand the world anymore.

do they make a version of those pant called coco pops for when you’re in danger of following through?

nedrapier

Active charcoal cushion for Steve. And/or gluten free beer for Steve.

Funnily enough, the mate of mine who alerted me to gluten intolerance and bad beer farts is a Steve. Pretty sure it’s a different Steve!

cleetonator

He who denied it supplied it.

He who articulated it, particulated it

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

local micropub – nice enough chap in a monosyllabic sort of a way – As Jilly Goulden might be moved to say “I’m getting notes of farmyard, volcanic sulphur and necrotic rat”

I think Steve is fed up of posho middle class folk disturbing his quiet pint so he is doing his best to rid the pub of such annoying chaps 😉

Funnily enough, the mate of mine who alerted me to gluten intolerance and bad beer farts is a Steve.

It’s not good beer if it doesn’t give you strong farts

nedrapier

“Strong” not “Bad”, OK! 😀

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Depends – I am sure Steve is very proud of his strong and bad farts… who isnt when its your own !

matt_outandabout

This and suitable siren:

BigJohn

Yes, farts are like kids: your own are great, other peoples’ are terrible.

Houns

If you want to fight fire with fire then I’m available for hire. My rates are reasonable, accommodation and food required. I’ll bring 4 pints of Enville Ginger, I’ll soon have Steve gasping for fresh air

jamj1974

There’s no excuse.

honeybadgerx

Does he happen to do it every time there’s a queue at the bar? You may well be being played.

shermer75
    Free Member

Mention it before you stench on it

RustySpanner

Bloody amateurs….

…the correct course of action upon committing a particularly foul loon sneeze is to smile at the barmaid and declare loudly ‘Say nowt love, they’ll all think it’s me’.

ugarizza
    Free Member

Steve has paid for his pint and has every right to fart.

What’s next, Steve can’t sneeze?

Jordan

We thought we had one in our local but no one would admit to it. Eventually cottoned on that the foul smell was radiating everytime one of the bar staff opened the dishwasher…..

PJM1974
    Free Member

Noone has the right to fart like that.

That depends – will the sneeze cause him to release gargantuan guff gasses?

matt_outandabout

Steve has paid for his pint and has every right to fart is expected to be a reasonable citizen of the pub.

Ftfy

blokeuptheroad

I sympathise with Steve. Beer does this to me. Not one or two pints but if I make a night of it and eat crap food. I go away hillwalking a couple of times a year with a group of mates. We usually stay in a bunkhouse near a pub. Full fry ups for breakfast, snacking on pickled onions and pork scratchings all day and pub steak and chips for tea. All washed down with eleventy six pints of Scruttocks Old Dirigible or some such.

The smell in the bunkhouse after a day or two of this is off the scale. It would peel the skin off your face. It’s indescribable, truly horrific. To be be fair, it’s not just me – we all seem to suffer but I am always aghast at the unholy miasma that emanates from my clackervalve on those trips. It takes me about 3 or 4 days to detox when I get home and Mrs Bloke usually decamps to another room until I am cleansed!

ransos
    Free Member

He who articulated it, particulated it

The one who sang the song made the pong.

PJM1974
    Free Member

It turns out that Steve’s regular drinking circuit involves a few pints of John Smith’s at the Wetherspoon’s in the next town. Apparently he’s ejected from there once he’s stunk the place out so he rocks up to our village and a pint of Gadd’s is enough to trip the fart-fuse once again and away he goes.

Honestly, the scenes last Friday were a lot like this:

joshvegas
    Free Member

The one who sang the song made the pong.

Whoever rapped it crapped it.

finephilly
    Free Member

This game will give you an indication of acceptability in this area:

https://www.addictinggames.com/funny/hide-the-fart

ransos
    Free Member

Whoever rapped it crapped it.

Whomever sensed it, dispensed it.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Just please don’t stop with the couplets. Genuine guffaws here!

tomhoward

Think we’ve found Steve’s forum login

Cougar

I rather suspect this would carry a greater risk.

ernielynch

Well I never knew that.

How much farting does buying one pint allow the purchaser…… unlimited farting for the rest of the evening?

A bit like Weatherspoons ‘have as many coffee refills as you like’ deal?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.