• This topic has 19 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • PSA: Speed Dreams on BBC2 now
  • binners

Not a disturbed restless night after a load of amphetamines, but a load of Brits building cars and bikes (mostly in their sheds) to break land speed records on the Bonneville salt flats.

It’s really interesting! And a great soundtrack! 🙂

Worth getting on iplayer if you want to watch it from the start.

bones
    Free Member

Thanks, will checkout on iplayer.

singlespeedstu

Loving the 2CV.

nickc

Loving this. Makes me very happy to know this sort of stuff goes on in sheds and garages 8)

binners

150 mph 2CV is about as bonkers as it gets!

And Triumph’s leaking oil. Who’s have thunk it 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Is this a different one or has it been on before? (or am I thinking of something else?)

PrinceJohn

Think it’s a repeat – really good documentary tho.

jota180
    Free Member

It was on about this time last year, still worth it for the shed engineering though

piemonster

Really enjoyed that

ampthill

Saw most of it enjoyed it

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Cheers for that, ideal time to test iplayer on my new smart TV as well, what a perfect excuse for that, and any programme that starts with ‘she sells sanctuary’ by The Cult, can’t be all bad

That’s my Sunday evening sorted

Marge
    Free Member

Does anyone know when part 2 is?

Quite enjoyed that.
    My 10 yr old son said why is everyone so old?
    🙂

StirlingCrispin

Highly recommended.

Also worth watching is the film, “The World’s Fastest Indian”.

Available on Amazon etc.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World%27s_Fastest_Indian

sharkbait
    Free Member

The film is brilliant. I saw the documentary series the first time round and it’s well worth watching again.

racefaceec90

watched it after seeing this thread.

really enjoyed it.

here’s another speed record attempt doc 😉

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Ms71VPVQY[/video]

jools182
    Free Member

When the were talking about the danger of it all, the wives and girlfriends of the garage engineers were saying things like ‘I couldn’t be without him’ or ‘I blank it from my mind’

The wife of the hedge fund guy in Zurich said ‘If he dies, he dies, it’s fate’

😯 😆

Wonder what his life insurance policy is worth…

binners

That did make me laugh as well jools. It wasn’t just the words she used, it was the look on here face when she said them. Mind you, he did come across as a complete swaggering bell end compared to everyone else in the programme. Wouldn’t take any time off with his family, – far too important for that – but would then happily swan off to Utah to play with his expensive toys for a week? Always goes down well, that type of thing

If she’d been anywhere near that car, I’d be double checking the hydraulic lines on the brakes before I went for any records. 😆

for anyone who missed it

Northwind

I was hoping it was a new series- 🙁 Brilliant TV. Just very happy to let the stories tell themselves without too much false drama.

There’s a pretty good episode of Roadkill where they go salt flat racing, worth checking out…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The ‘Oxford based’ guy is just round the corner from me.

Watched it last time and second ep with the actual ‘racing’ was a disappointment.

Muke
    Free Member

Just got around to watching the second part of this and have to say I loved it, brought a tear to my eye near the end 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Speed Dreams on BBC2 now’ is closed to new replies.