Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • PSA – Sneaky unmarked police car
  • yesiamtom
    Free Member

i live in portsmouth which i believe was one of the first places to have the skoda octavias with cameras that scanned eveyr single passing car for mot tax yada yada. They go on abotu this "amazing black skoda" when in reality therse also a blue one. Theres a BMW 2 door aswell and something else i forget about.

Bodykitted golfs though sounds excellent !

wrightyson
    Free Member

Stw is really full of the best, law abiding and most courteous drivers in the world. You know the ones, never sped, parked illegally, upset anyone with a sneaky lane change etc etc. The minute you post anything like the op, out with the flame thrower to torch the "cock/prick" of a driver!!!

myheadsashed

Humberside Police can be seen poncing around in a Lexus IS-F 😯

anagallis_arvensis

I have hardly ever noticed an unmarked police car, what am I doing wrong.

I did once see three blacked out range rovers on the M4 with blue lights in the front grill bombing down the outside lane at 90 plus with a Bentley tailgatting them and flashing his lights to get past, he was pulled over later by a normal police car, which made me chuckle. Turned out on watching the local news it was Princess Ann who was late to a hospital openning.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

"On my way to Croft BSB meeting on Sunday, saw two bikes pulled up on the A1 near Darlington by an unmarked '06 plate silver 3-series BMW with a GB sticker on the back. How sneaky is that?"

If they got caught then they clearly weren't fast enough!

scuttler

Nice to see the cops using 06 cars. I was under the impression they only used brand new ones… When the Raoul Moat thing went off it looked like a German car showroom on the telly.

Spongebob
    Free Member

If you're not driving like a cock, what's the problem?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Humberside Police can be seen poncing around in a Lexus IS-F

Maybe a bit OTT?!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

There are loads of different unmarked cars used, obviously the point is joe public doesn't spot it otherwise they will be pointless! to pull over a vehicle it has to be a constable in uniform. I think you will find most unmarked cars are driven by uniform officers.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Humberside Police can be seen poncing around in a Lexus IS-F

They got rid of the Suburus complete with gold alloy wheels didn't they?

CountZero

A black BMW pulled me over after I overtook a Transit at 78mph on the A420 to Bristol one evening. Noticed the car behind, but was more intent on what was in front. The driver had full body armour on, and wouldn't have been noticable as a cop from outside. I think the car was an M3, seen it around several times, usually with a car or bike pulled up in front. I think our local lot had a Volvo 850 T5 at one point. Nice.

molgrips
    Free Member

Cops must surely squabble over who gets the decent motors? Or is it some kind of rank thing – the alpha dog gets the nice Beemer etc?

Turned out on watching the local news it was Princess Ann who was late to a hospital openning.

Can you give Royals speeding tickets?

bruk

Used to have a black Vectra estate with a dog cage in the back and the number of people who used to slow down thinking I was the polis was amazing.

Still using a 54 plate Burgundy Volvo estate round here but have a few silver Mondeos too.

Having been caught by an unmarked Mecerdes C class on the m74 many years ago I now drive slower and it is amazing how many are out there if you are watching for them.

Only distingushing feature for traffic cars are they are usually shiny clean. For the cid they can use anything.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I'd thought there'd have been safety and driver visibility issues attached to lhd vehicles potentially driven at high speeds

Whenever I see police driving vehicles at high speeds they always seem to be on the right hand side of the road. So lhd vehicles would appear to make perfect sense.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Sneaky unmarked police car’ is closed to new replies.