Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • PSA – Ski Sunday
  • jumping_flea
    Free Member

For all those interested – BBC 2, 16.45.

Houns

Nice one thank you

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

*pulls up chair*

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Looks like my TV guide was wrong – or the snooker is over running. 17.00 it is

Woody
    Free Member

Edit: Bloody snooker…….and I’d just settled down with a coffee and Tunnocks caramel wafer!

GrahamS

Ta! Forgot to Series Link it. PVR set to record just in time.
    I’ll enjoy it later with a nice glass of red.

grumm
    Free Member

‘Tis a classic DH course as well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

‘kin steep! 147kmh! YIKES!

brakes
    Free Member

the chopper shot shows just how ridiculously quick they travel

donsimon
    Free Member

Is there going to be ladies onit?
    Are they going to be wearing skin suits?
    Will I be able to watch without being accused of objectifying women?

Ski Sunday is one of the few things I actually miss about the UK. 😥
    They really are AWESOME. 😀

Philby

If only TV could show how steep the course actually is. One of the great Sunday TV programmes – hope the BEEB keep featuring skiing.

carbon337
    Free Member

The late ski Sunday show ed and Graham did last year on a Sunday night was excellent shame it’s not on this year. 🙁

jimmy

iPlayer better be my friend…

allthegear
    Free Member

oo – Ski Sunday means Graham Bell… 🙂

Rachel

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

allthegear – Member
    oo – Ski Sunday means Graham Bell…

Rachel

SEXIST! That is merely objectifying men and I think it is disgusting.

😉

allthegear
    Free Member

Oh the irony!! No – objectifying men/women is different to declaring them rather gorgeous, isn’t it??

It’s probably more of a comment on my own tastes (‘different’ as they are…) then anything about him.

Rachel

Woody
    Free Member

The late ski Sunday show ed and Graham did last year on a Sunday night was excellent

+1

allthegear
    Free Member

+1

Actually, I got more into the late Ski Sunday Show than I ever did in the actual racing. Surprised they have not gone for it this year??

Rachel

jools182
    Free Member

Put a reminder on it but my girlfriend didn’t tell me as she was too busy watching jerseylicious 🙄
    I’m going to watch as many industrial revelations and ww2 documentaries as possible next week to even things up

Houns

Bring back High Altitude

Woody
    Free Member

Probably the cost of flying out the celebs and their fees + they had covered most of the daredevil stuff. Not sure how good the viewing figures were?

There seemed to be a few cutbacks on todays show too (I’m surprised Ed is still there) with not so many on-slope cameras. The heli shots were good though.

GrahamS

I asked about High Altitude over a year ago on SCUK and got an interesting answer:

Edleigh – Nov 05, 2009 – 08:22 AM

Post subject:
    Hello all,
    Nick how you going? Dunc sent me the link so I figured seeing as you’ve all shown such interest you deserve a reply. Sadly the show has been canned, a new controller stepped in for BBC2 in May and coming from BBC4 we were seen as bit laddy and low brow for her, plus in her defence there are hundreds of shows waiting for their shot all the time and she went with last in, first out.

On the up side there will be a two one offs, one I watched yesterday that would have been the first episode of this winters series (because of the Olympics we needed to get going early) but then got canned so it’s now a stand alone called Arctic Man, Go Fast or Go Home and I’m pretty pleased with that.

The other one is a much more ‘high brow’ exploration of British Columbia as a back ground build up to the Olympics, I think in a bid to show the new controller we can do mature. Should be interesting…

Obviously I’m gutted, it was the dream job, but at the same time I still feel very lucky to have shot one episode let alone a whole series.

And to clear up the debate about the series and the Ski Sunday pieces you are both right. It was the first series of High Altitude, but in a bid to trail the series and get it out there they re-cut all the films I had made for Ski Sunday the year before and put them out as ten minute shorts under the High Altitude banner.

Thanks for the support and sorry it’s not better news. On the upside if you’ve seen any of the NZ Open pipe footage you’ll know that the prospect of the Olympics is pant wettingly exciting.

Cheers

Ed

http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=36384

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Ski Sunday’ is closed to new replies.