Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • PSA Pinnacle Direct Drive Smart Trainer
  • afrothunder88

Did anyone self solve the sticky freewheel? Mine is starting to do it and would prefer to solve it than return it and risk only getting a refund rather than a fixed trainer

I never came across a single instance of a reported fix despite quite a lot of searching.

My replacement unit is in the process of being returned now also, it started cutting out and not providing any power/cadence info after 30 minutes of riding and then eventually just wouldn’t power up correctly.

Given up on them, asked for a refund and bought a barely used Saris H3 from someone local.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

@dander thanks for reply.  Haven’t tried both firmware versions, just the one that gives the quickest response.  Maybe we should try the other firmware version?

Good to know it should work and I can’t believe I’ve been super unlucky with two identical turbos and running off two different laptops.  In fact, I think I have tried 3 laptops all on Windows 11.

paddy0091
    Free Member

£300 now, missed this one. Don’t think I’ll bother based on some of the above either, good luck!

dander

Yeah, good deal for £90, but wouldn’t pay hundreds. Mtbtomo – it’s worth a try, easy to do on the app. Is your trainerroad up to date too – mine does updates all the time. You could also try deleting the trainer off trainerroad and then refinding it? Apologies if you’ve tried this.

cyclohappy
    Free Member

So I stripped the freewheel down on Monday and degreased it. Put some 3-in-1 oil back on and it seems to have improved, for now. Being a cheap-git™ I can cope with this solution if it’s just an occasional fix.

It’s a simple design, 3x pawls and a simple spring to keep them in. Maybe future fettling will involve experimenting here, but will keep it simple for now

dander

The app for this seems to be playing up – can’t log in. Have tried deleting it and reinstalling (using on iphone) and registering under another email, but no joy. Is is down for anyone else?

cyclohappy
    Free Member

Let’s me log in on my android tablet. Seems to have lost the device though, so need to repair.

App only seems to be useful for calibration though, can’t say I’ve felt the need to change firmware versions.

luv2ride
    Free Member

So I stripped the freewheel down on Monday and degreased it. Put some 3-in-1 oil back on and it seems to have improved, for now.

I tried this today after being off the trainer and bike for a couple of weeks with a bad dose of manflu. TBH, the sticky freehub is now significantly worse than ever, with the chain close to unshipping completely 😪 Ive been using a bike with 130mm qr & 10sp cassette, but notice that even with the right spacer, it binds when you cinch up the driveside nut so there is no play in the cassette. Anyone else had this?

Tempted to try my TA 11sp road bike so see if any better

dander

Mines decided not to transmit data today. It’s connected to trainerroad ok but not providing any resistance or display in terms of power and cadence. Lights are on the unit as usual – any ideas what’s happened?

dander

Update – fixed! Took it apart and there was lots of sooty, black dust inside. Cleaned it out and put it back together and was pessimistic but it’s reading power and cadence again.

jwildcard
    Free Member

I have tried both firmwares on the pinnacle app but when using it with indie velo i am getting no difference in gears and still need to move through the gears a lot wjen the gradient on tbe course changes.

I compared the readings from the power on my chainset (4iii) real-time while riding and the 4iii was showing about 10% higher power reading ish. I am thinking of trying another type of trainer program as i am thinking the software in the program itself converts the power readings with its own software.

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.