Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA Parcel2go….just avoid
  • brack
    Free Member

Oh my goodness…..what a shambolic outfit.

With no customer service numbers – and a clunky ‘live helpline’ system that promises a reply within 10 seconds.

24 hrs later still don’t know if anyone has received my email.

AVOID

Mackem

I had no problems with them at all.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Must take issue with you there. I have had good results at stunningly cheap prices. But pay much less = get much less, esp. not someone to moan at down the phone.
    Its the easyjet effect – you want the frankly stupidly cheap prices, but still expect british aiways service.

wwaswas

Who was the courier you actually booked with – might be quickest just phoning them with a trackign number?

Also “Parcel2go phone number” on google brings up multiple options.

AlexSimon

Whenever I’ve used them it’s been cheap and fine. But then nothing’s gone wrong.

I would also be wary of telling people to avoid businesses. Telling them of your bad experience is fine, but as soon as you advise people to avoid, the company in question has a potential claim against you (and potentially STW).

freeagent
    Free Member

I’ve used them a few times, other than one cock-up with collection they’ve been good. would use again…

brack
    Free Member

Ok just my personal experience then

Matt24k
    Free Member

I use P2G fairly often and 99% of the time they are both cheap and reliable. Yes they or, more likely, the delivery companies that they use get it wrong sometimes but on the whole I would recommend them.

julianwilson
    Free Member

presumably they pass on their business rates to private customers: the two times I have used them (big parcels to europe), the carrier that came to pick it up was our usual local parcelforce delivery man, but it was a good 25-30% cheaper for the same service than if I had gone to the local post office and done it over the counter.

convert

Always been great for me. You just have to remember they are just an agent. Once you have ordered your service through them, its the chosen courier you need to contact.

atlaz
    Free Member

I had no problem with getting a bike delivered to me. A mate had loads of problems.

gearfreak
    Free Member

Sent some forks to Pace using parcel2go. They arrived and got serviced quickly and got returned no hassle. (Didn’t choose the cheapest p2go service, think it was hermes, who I’ve never heard off, and a quick google put me off)

*I did sacrifice a few small mammals to ensure this happened.

kevin1911

I’ve had no end of probs with Parcel2go too. I now use only parcelmonkey. Much much better IME

bland

I used to sing their praises but they used to have a contact number.

Recently i lost a parcel through them and looking into it i couldnt contact them and their live help just fobbed me off.

I got restricted on ebay for poor feedback scores for delivery times (after stating a 3 day dispatch and using an economy courier, plus offering free postage) due to using my hermes through them (they are folk with a car who store up parcels till the end of the week before dropping them off and the same happens at the other end.

Recently i also lost a parcel with Yodel and they couldnt trace it, or werent bothered and yodel were also useless. The insurance has also dropped to £20 included from £50 i think and the cost of insuring parcels has also increased through them recently which reflects increased losses in my eyes.

Also sending to highlands, Islands and NI is expensive through them. Parcelforce seems a lot better direct as its standard price for all the H, I & NI and you get £100 insurance included.

So in short, they sere good but as they have got bigger over the last few years they have lost their edge.

Im not sending anything uninsured any more and avoiding them wherever possible due to lack of communication/fobbing off received by them recently

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

FedEx – parcel delivered to next door, signed for and left with them. Oh really? I know them and they both work, asked, yup, out all day, no parcel, not signed for anything. Queried with seller who queried with FedEx. Signature was C. Neighbour, female, blonde about 30. Funny that, because neighbour’s names are B.. and M.. and they are in their 50’s (and look it). And any way, parcels and mail regularly come to the wrong house, so drop them off to each other

Parelfarce – bike delivered and left on doorstep (yes, a fekkin bike left on my doorstep), signed for by neighbour who said they’d “keep an eye on it” according delivery driver. Neighbour’s signature was in the name of someone who didn’t live there and had moved out 5 years ago but had had a wrought iron gate made with their name on and the current neighbour said she’d meant to get a new one made but had never got round to it.

from now on, i ask for insured delivery as i suspect most delivery drivers would struggle to find their own arse if using both hands

woody74

Remember these guys are just brokers to get you a cheap price. They don’t actually do the delivery.

Try Interparcel as they are always cheap and good customer service. Others are Pharos Parcels and Transglobal express. We use all three on a weekly basis.
    You do get what you pay for so we always use UPS or DHL as service is so much better and only a couple of £ more.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA Parcel2go….just avoid’ is closed to new replies.