Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • PSA: Osprey hydration packs on Sportpursuit (inc bumbag)
  • wukfit
    Free Member

As title says, sportpursuit have osprey packs on offer
    https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/osprey-may20

Tempted by a bumbag for £35 inc bladder
    https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/2016869

stevied
    Free Member

Ooh, great. Needed a new bumbag so added the Savu to my basket then realised I had 1000 point so £15 delivered 🙂

jimdubleyou

Have been tempted by one of those bladders as nothing I have fits in my new frame bag.

Bladder is £27, so this is like getting a bag for £8 🙂

Spud

Slight aside to the PSA, but if you or partner etc have a Bluelight Card then they do 40% off at Osprey.

BillOddie

Good PSA!

Cost me 25 quid for one of the bumbags that take bottles for dog walk use and occasional on bike use by the rest of the family.

dmorts

Is this any better than the Camelbak Palos? My one tends to slide up and down when fully loaded. I think part of the issue is the pack gets looser as you empty the bladder

dthom3uk

If you want to test the water on a hip pack these are cheap

Mountain Warehouse

kimbers

anyone received their sportpursuit one yet?

I know they are slow

bensongd
    Free Member

Got my savu yesterday. Ordered last week.

tomtomthepipersson

Mine came 5 days after ordering (including a bank holiday and a weekend)

BillOddie

Mine came on Monday or was it Tuesday?  Earlier in the week!

nickjb
    Free Member

Got my savu a few days ago. Took a few days to deliver. Couple of rides done and really happy with it. Very comfortable, doesn’t move at all.

kimbers

mine has been ‘dispatched to royal mail’ for 2 days !

was hoping i could use it this afternoon

ow well

Sold out now 🙁

bensongd
    Free Member

Every time a thread appears with a PSA prefix my bank account cries a little bit.

ThePinkster

Ordered the Seral from them and it arrived about 4 days later, and I’m really impressed with it.
    not tried it on the bike yet but I’ve used it running with the dogs and it stayed firmly in place with a full bladder and a few other bits packed into it, no slipping or sliding.

Shackleton

My savu turned up after 4 working days. Lovely bit of kit! Solved many of my cts symptoms at a stroke!

kimbers

SP helpilne just says Post Office are slow at the moment

off to ride with my camlbak…

simon_g

My Savu (and some muc-off) was either the next day or day after. Way quicker than their estimate.

solidrooster
    Free Member

Ordered my seral on the 6th and it arrived on the 11th. Not tried it yet, but it looks great

kimbers

Mines still not here SP are saying post problems , Shane as it s been sweaty riding with my backpack !

D0NK

ordered a seral when this psa started, arrived last week, used it a couple times already, like it so far. Swapping tools out of my ‘bak so not figured out optimal packing yet, in fact I just realised went out lastnight with water, tools & tube but no pump, doh!
    It’s just about big enough. Bungee cords on the outside so I can stash a jacket wld be nice but no biggie.

kimbers

damn SP just emailed me to say refund on the way, Royal mail have lost it 🙁

BadlyWiredDog

Is this any better than the Camelbak Palos? My one tends to slide up and down when fully loaded. I think part of the issue is the pack gets looser as you empty the bladder

I bought one – a Seral 7 – from Wiggle a few months ago, while I was still capable of riding a bike rather than lying in a hammock watching jackdaws soaring on thermals. I haven’t used hte Palos, but so far have found the Seral excellent. As per usual Osprey, the pocketing/organisation is well thought out. It sits and stays where I put it and is comfortable enough that I pretty much forget it’s there mostly.

The only not so great thing is the security of the hose for the hydration reservoir, which isn’t the most secure thing ever. Once I get back to riding, I’ll look at some sort of hack to make it a little more secure. Then again that tends to be an inherent problem with most bladder-equipped bum-bags / lumbar packs / whatever. It’d say at £35 it’s really good value and I’m looking forward to having a less sweaty back this summer.

allyharp

I used my Seral last weekend and I’m very happy with it so far. I was a bit surprised just how tight I had to strap it up to keep it stable. I set it to what I thought would be comfortable and was a bit concerned when it was bouncing around on the first run, but cranking it up properly tight wasn’t uncomfortable in the slightest and kept it perfectly stable for the rest of the day.

Only improvement I can think of would be a stronger magnet, as noted above. I find that to clip it back you have to place it right on top of the mount, whereas my Camelbak rucksack will snap to place once it’s in the general vicinity of the mount. At the moment I can place it back easily left-handed, but reaching across with the right hand isn’t always so successful.

rockthreegozy

If anyone happens to end up with a Seral that is surplus to requirements, please let me know.

kimbers

If anyone happens to end up with a Savu that is surplus to requirements, please let me know.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Osprey hydration packs on Sportpursuit (inc bumbag)’ is closed to new replies.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.