Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • PSA: On One Fatty Trail Frame £84.49
  • officerfriendly
    Free Member

Thanks Jonjon, it’s on there! Unfortately it doesn’t seem to be in the liquidation sale, but at £150 it’s already pretty darn cheap!

And no worries Lester, thanks anyway (: and I’m not “allowed” on the fat bike forums due to being under 18 (17)! The most annoying thing is I love fatbikes so much, I have 3 already!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Can someone give a valid reason not to buy a fatty trail in this sale and chuck on some 4″ jumbo jim or similar lighter tyres? Never ridden a fat bike, might be slow, sound fun…plus watching this video has made me hungry

1) Jumbo jims are a definite summer tyre going by the reviews. Floaters are a good all round tyre. Unless I had £150+ spare for some really good tyres the floaters are among the last bits I’d upgrade.

2) Depending on your existing box of spares you may still be able to build better/cheaper than the 35% off.

Just off the top of my head, using a trail frame, O-O wheels, floaters, x5 chianset, you could upgrade to the Bluto RCT3 and still come in <£800 as long as you have a drivechain, brakes and finishing kit going spare. That’s what I’m planning because I’m fussy over saddles, have a reverb that fits, a drivechain and brakes going spare, and some nice-ish carbon bars, so the only bit I need is a stem, and I can’t justify a whole new bike 1st payday after christmas!

dlr

Is tempting, think I should probably ride one first though. I nearly passed out reading the weight of the floaters! Jumbo Jim was just the first fat tyre I found in a quick google 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is tempting, think I should probably ride one first though. I nearly passed out reading the weight of the floaters! Jumbo Jim was just the first fat tyre I found in a quick google

JJ’s are probably the lightest mid priced tyre before you get to 45nrth etc at £80+. They’re not the fairest comparison.

There’s at least 2 wildly different quoted weights for floaters (<1500g and >1800g). Simply because they’re using almost 3x more rubber than a normal tyre (2″ sidewalls + 2″ tread + 2″ sidewall, Vs 4+4+4) so 1500g tyres are going to be similar construction to 500-600g tyres.

Mine came around 1550g IIRC.

I’m still tempted though for summer, I don’t think I’ve ever pinched mine (but I’m still running the painfully heavy O-O tube out back!) and tubeless deals with most punctures.

Got floaters and a set of Vee8’s to wear out first though, only about 5000miles to go then……..

tops5
    Free Member

Hovering over the buy button – does the trail version have to have a Bluto or will it handle ok with a rigid fork for a bit? Cant find a comparison of fork lengths

woodster

Wasn’t going to spend any more cash on bike parts this month, but a pair of Challenge starda tubs for £52 was too good to pass on.

Ta for the PSA

Goldigger
    Free Member

Which fat wheels do people recommend?

Dt2250 can’t find in stock anywhere..

freddiest

Ordered a fatty (non trail) with carbon fork last night. £650 seems an absolute bargain! Still got to sell my FS 29er tho to fund it.

trout
    Free Member

Could not resist the 35% off a mini Fatty for my Grandsons birthday in April

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s arrived!

Got to say that in the flesh the grey is a lot nicer than I thought it was going to be, the photos don’t do it justice and I was mentally budgeting for a respray so if it wasn’t good I’d say so!

Hovering over the buy button – does the trail version have to have a Bluto or will it handle ok with a rigid fork for a bit? Cant find a comparison of fork lengths

Back of an envelope calc but the head angle should be the same on the fatty and trail with the same fork, it’s just the trail is ‘designed’ to be 20mm taller and a degree slacker. I’m planning on building mine up with the fatty bits until my jobs a bit more secure and I’ve got the money for a bluto and new wheel.

cookeaa

Hmmm, bit late to this one but now slighty tempted by a parkwood frame…

Quick someone talk me out of it, tell me it’ll be cheaper at some point…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

They always seem to do something like this at least once a year. Last year it was the “staff discount” codes at Christmas (and the fatty was 20% off already) which made it pretty much the same price as it is today.

Depends if you can wait another year?

tops5
    Free Member

Could anyone advise of the headset spec for the fatty trail? The website spec looks a bit vague. Was going to wait and measure the frame but Yodel have taken over a week up to now!

Northwind

That Mini Fatty is awesome. Creepy crawlers on a kids bike though, does that work? I have those on my Bird and it rolls like a brick, you can feel the drag just turning the bars never mind riding it.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘PSA: On One Fatty Trail Frame £84.49’ is closed to new replies.