Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PSA: Next week is bike week.
  • matt_outandabout

http://www.bikeweek.org.uk/

8)

Our office have organised a whole week of stuff: free bike spannering, free bike advice, route advice, rides three lunches and after work, free breakfasts for riders and a general ‘you should be on your bike at least once next week’ attitude…*
    Anyone else joining in?
    .*it helps our office is shared by Keep Scotland Beautiful, EcoSchools, Carbon Challenge Fund, Gorunds for Learning etc…

eviljoe
    Free Member

Sounds Good!

This is what we are up to

Off to Brittany to perform ‘Don Quixote a Velo’ on a variety of weird and wonderful cycles on a length of newly created cycle path by the atlantic coast. 4 miles of road have been closed for the event, which is nice. Anyone who cares to join us is most welcome- drop me an email and I’ll arrange some free tickets.

It’s a hard knock life… 🙂

garage-dweller

As usual doesn’t get enough promotion.

Will be on my bike to work a bit more than usual next week (34mi round trip) and pompey seems to have a load of events on.

joat

Doing the Great Notts Bike Ride next Sunday. 100 miles seems a little daunting at the mo, due to an annoying dry tickly cough and streaming nose. Didn’t realise it fell within Bike Week though.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Edinburgh has the Edinburgh festival of cycling in conjunction with bikeweek too.

Edinburgh’s Cycling Festival

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Taking our forest track down to Portsmouth for an event on Saturday.

composite
    Free Member

Pretty much everything the OP mentioned is going on at our place as well. Our Bicycle user group has about 250 members so there is a decent commitment to this stuff.

I’m leading the commuter challenge for our department and will be doing all my evening rides directly from work to location and home again so the miles will count. 8)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Next week is bike week.’ is closed to new replies.