Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • PSA New Top Gear (Grand Tour top gear) on 18/11 – set your diaries
  • stumpy01

legend – Member

Like Spotify…..but without a lot of the music you’re probably looking for

Looked it up on the Amazon website. So, it’s a stripped out set of songs from the sound of it – 2 million.
    If you want the full Amazon Music thingy you pay another £7.99 on top of what you pay for Prime (compared to £9.99 if you aren’t a prime user).
    So if you use the other features of Prime, it’s probably worth it as it saves you £24 over the course of the year over most other streaming services. But, last time Amazon bombarded me with Prime free Trial e-mails I tried it and didn’t think I’d get full use out of it to make it worth my while…..

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

But, last time Amazon bombarded me with Prime free Trial e-mails I tried it and didn’t think I’d get full use out of it to make it worth my while…..

That’s where I’m struggling, I’m trying to watch less TV, not more. I did enjoy Top Gear though. I’d be unlikely to use the music streaming as I get plenty of music entertainment from 6 Music and my albums.
    I don’t need same day delivery and I do try and use the High St as much as possible, so not a big Amazon user full stop.
    I think I’ll pass on it.

DezB
    Free Member

I would literally rather have Matt LeBlanc wheelspin a Ferrari on my eyeballs while Chris Evans radio programme is piped into my ears at 500 decibels than watch this.
    Just saying, like.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Looked it up on the Amazon website. So, it’s a stripped out set of songs from the sound of it – 2 million.

I’ve only managed to listen to a few thousand so far. I think 2 million may see me out.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I would literally rather have Matt LeBlanc wheelspin a Ferrari on my eyeballs while Chris Evans radio programme is piped into my ears at 500 decibels than watch this.
    Just saying, like.

Useful input.

You’ve bought a lot to the discussion.

stumpy01

mrlebowski – Member

Useful input.

It made me 😆

5thElefant – Member

I’ve only managed to listen to a few thousand so far. I think 2 million may see me out.

True. But I was thinking of making the switch to Prime assuming I’d get the same standard of music service as my current Spotify offering by switching.
    Maybe it would be as good. Maybe it won’t. It would be the main reason for me to switch (i.e. get as good streaming service with other stuff as a bonus) but as it is, I don’t think I’ll bother.
    Might be worth it when we finally dig ourselves out of the Stone age & update our CRT to a whizz-bang new fangled flat screen tellybox….

5thElefant
    Free Member

True. But I was thinking of making the switch to Prime assuming I’d get the same standard of music service as my current Spotify offering by switching.

I haven’t bought any music since the 90s, err, maybe the 80s. It’s all new and shiny to me.

DezB
    Free Member

Useful input.

I know…sorry, I’m just not as eloquent as others:

Brmmm brmmm…

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I know…sorry, I’m just not as eloquent as others:

Brrrmmmmmm!!!! BrrmmmM!!!!!! BBBBRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Always surprised that there are those who come onto a thread with no other intent than to troll & knock..

They must lead sad & empty lives..

chrismac

Just saying, like.
    Useful input.

Its probably more relevant and intelligent than will be in the Grand Tour. It will be interesting to see if they can come up with something that keeps them out of court for plagiarism given that the BBC own the rights to most of the ideas the programme relies on

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Clarkson seems to have lost that little something.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37969741
    I can’t see the new show being the same as the old one.

DezB
    Free Member

They must lead sad & empty lives..

Not as sad and empty as the fools who fail to ignore them 😉

Seriously though, its a way to express an opinion. You may or may not have noticed, but a lot of that goes on on the internet.

jimjam
    Free Member

chrismac

It will be interesting to see if they can come up with something that keeps them out of court for plagiarism given that the BBC own the rights to most of the ideas the programme relies on

No, they don’t. The BBC probably owns the names “Top Gear” and maybe “The Stig” but that’s about it. You can’t copyright comically crashing into each other and races that have a close finish. They won’t come up with anything new.

mike_p
    Free Member

£59, eh? Go on then, I’m in

redstripe
    Free Member

Mrs just got it for £59, looks to be plenty of good stuff on there for whole family. Can get it on the ipad & pc via the app no problem but main Panasonic smart tv can’t seem to get amazon prime app on it for some reason, bah, anyone else have this issue, is there a simple fix or am I just being stupid & missing something? Probably the latter

cozz
    Free Member

i just signed up for it

managed to get into amazon prime on my smart tv, and watch the trailer

so im all sorted for when it is on

spacemonkey

FTR, Amazon Prime Video streams poorly from our Android devices – the dubbing is way out. Dicking around on iOS isn’t an option. So we use a laptop and Chromecast a browser tab and it’s pretty decent. Amazon don’t like people using casting services other than they’re own.

PrinceJohn

I recently tried the free trial when I needed to get some shoes delivered on a Sunday.

After my months trial I cancelled – reasons being, I already have netflix, prefer the selection of TV on there, compared to prime (although I think prime edges on film selection) but the deal breaker for me was no Chromecast compatibility.
    I want to watch stuff on the telly, not my phone or laptop…

jimdubleyou

Just watched the first episode.

I quite enjoyed it, definitely more enjoyable that Evans on TG (not hard).

P-Jay
    Free Member

PrinceJohn – Member

I recently tried the free trial when I needed to get some shoes delivered on a Sunday.

After my months trial I cancelled – reasons being, I already have netflix, prefer the selection of TV on there, compared to prime (although I think prime edges on film selection) but the deal breaker for me was no Chromecast compatibility.
    I want to watch stuff on the telly, not my phone or laptop…

This whole streaming thing is a minefield.

I thought I’d ditch the ‘traditional’ broadcast thing and go ‘streaming only’. but it’s hard work.

I bought Apple TV thinking, more £ would mean better, WRONG.

BBC (Gawd Bless ’em) works fine, their App is pretty much the same on any device, well thought out, open to all.

ITV, nope, ITV player doesn’t work on Apple TV, they have ‘ITV Encore’ via NowTV, if you want to watch Yawnton Abbey repeats, but little else.

Channel 4, nope, their app is actually quite good, but it’s not on Apple TV, but it is on iOS oddly, so you have to stream it from your phone to Apple TV, no HD, you better not run out of battery on your phone either.

C5, useless in everyway.

NowTV works brilliantly, but it’s limited to mostly Sky stuff.

Now Amazon Prime, not available on any TV device that isn’t Amazons, can watch it on iPhone, but you can’t cast it to Apple TV.

So in order to free myself from Sky (sort of) I’ve got Apple TV, a Media PC and I cast some stuff from my phone. My Wife is getting used to it, but it’s hard to navigate through the sea of mindless crap on TV and find the few things I actually like.

I’ve given up and bought Virgin Media, it’s still expensive, but as Billionaires go, I prefer Branson to Murdoch.

It’s a real shame, as a concept it works brilliantly, especially with a good fibre connection, watch what you want, when you want, legally and cheaply – but in the real world it’s a mess or licensing rights and prohibitive business practices.

zippykona

We beam Amazon Prime to our Apple box . Have done it from my Mac and iPad.
    Having said that we watched a film Sunday afternoon via the Mac . Sunday evening it wouldn’t connect so that’s when we used the iPad.

mattbee

I cast stuff from Amazon app on my iPhone to my Apple TV with no problems. In the caravan I just use an av adapter from phone or iPad & mirror it. Again, works fine.

jon1973
    Free Member

This whole streaming thing is a minefield.

everything seems to work pretty well through the xbox and samsung TV (including Amazon Prime). Sounds like Apple TV is the weak link in your set up.

milky1980
    Free Member

I’ve just got my old laptop set up beside the TV connected to it via a HDMI cable and a wireless mouse on the armchair. Runs Amazon, NetFlix, iPlayer, NowTV, SkyGo (parent’s login for the F1) and All4 with no problems whatsoever! I’ve got a FireTv stick too but I’ve lost the power supply for it 😳

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘PSA New Top Gear (Grand Tour top gear) on 18/11 – set your diaries’ is closed to new replies.