Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • PSA: five live @ 7. Drugs in cycling documentary
  • binners

Sounds like it’ll be interesting. Interviews with some pretty high profile people about the whole Lance Armstrong, and wider doping revalations

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Cheers

ourmaninthenorth

Must leave office ASAP..!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Interesting stuff so far.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It’ll probably be avaliable as a podcast too.

binners

Fascinating, and truly shocking stuff! Just the shear extent of it!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Fascinating hearing it in a level headed and reasoned way, not from frothing at the mouth STWers!

Lifer
    Free Member

+1 and no Lance apologists

bloodynora
    Free Member

Glued to the radio listening to this. Great programme.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

😯 Emma O’Reilly gives a frank and detailed answers to how LA got away with it for so long. Fascinating insight.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Pretty good so far.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Will I be able to listen to this on iplayer after it has finished?

scaled
    Free Member

Seriously, what the ****, going down to a restaurant with your crew to intimidate a man and his wife?!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

It’s amazing how we only heard about that the odd riders who were on it plus a few rumours and accusations at the time.

Now it’s sounds like only a very few weren’t on it.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member

Will I be able to listen to this on iplayer after it has finished?

It should be on iPlayer later. Failing that I am going to download it and will post a link.

Wookster

Pants I’ve missed this. Is it on Iplayer? What was the title please?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Is anyone still sticking up for Lance? Anyone? Hellooooo?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

You could also try the 5 Live Sports Specials podcast. That’s where they usually put that sort of thing.

crazy-legs

I’m listening to it live on iPlayer. Just click Radio > Radio 5 > 7pm and it’s there, programme is called Peddlers – Cycling’s Dirty Truth. Should be there for a week after today.

Is anyone still sticking up for Lance? Anyone? Hellooooo?

Hora can’t hear you, he’s sitting with his fingers in his ears going “LA LA LA LA LA” (pun intended)

vinnyeh

Hincapie’s rather interesting affidavit seems to suggest that there was a sea change back in 95 (23 onwards), that Motorola moved to doping as a response to the team getting a good kicking, presumably at Armstrong’s suggestion, rather than for the reason of trying to give the team an advantage over the rest- ie it started out as an attempt to level the playing field.

Jamie
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01ngqxd

stanfree
    Free Member

I’ve read a lot of cycling books and a fair few on doping but tonights programme has been an eye opener. I knew Lance was a bully , doper and over all a total arse but I’m still shocked at the levels he went to and the power he had even over the cycling governing body.

You have to feel sorry for Bassons and the treatment he got from the whole peloton and even his own team. I watched the Tommy Simpson documentary the other night and when you think that they took amphetamines back in the early 60’s its pretty staggering to see what a mixed up sport It Is.
    Brilliant programme though.

Pigface
    Free Member

Enjoying it, just wished there was a counter argument but that is unlikely.

scaled
    Free Member

Trying to find some footage of the 1999 Alpe d’Huez so see this little talking to

Jamie
    Free Member

some viewing later

Watching now, as missed start of 5live prog, Cheers.

binners

Superb programme! If you need a justification for the license fee, this is it. Who else would make something as unsensationalist and Indepth as this!

If you’ve missed it, get it on iplayer!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Very good… 😥

MSP

Superb programme! If you need a justification for the license fee, this is it. Who else would make something as unsensationalist and Indepth as this!
    If you’ve missed it, get it on iplayer!

Well currently lots of broadcasters are, maybe if they had done this 2 years ago that would have been decent programming.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

aussie docu is good ….check it

Nobby

Well if anyone was in any doubt that’ll sort ’em.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Margin Walker thanks for posting that link to the documentary…..I’m watching it now but have one burning question. If Lance was taking blood transfusions then wouldn’t the scarring be visible now? Tyler Hamilton said he could still see his scars during the interview long after he had been doping himself.

labsey
    Free Member

Damn missed it. Will get the podcast when it comes up.

Jamie
    Free Member

Live on iPlayer.

…or available as download.

Kuco

Dick Pound 😆

comedyphil
    Free Member
    somafunk

Hmm, D’ya think that **** pric liar Lance and his lawyers have anything to do with this……?,

A few weeks ago on Audible i downloaded “The Secret Race – Tyler Hamilton/Daniel Coyle” , bloody good listen with a few outburst moments of “wtf” from myself when listening to it but i just searched for it as i wanted to write a review and it is nowhere to be found?, i searched in my account history and the book has been removed from the Audible site along with all past reviews.

D’ya think Lance is running scared?, personally after all those years of him crying “I’m Mr Clean – support me” i sincerely hope he, along with whatever officials he bribed or paid off get dragged through the courts for all to see followed by a holiday with “Big Bad Bubba” in the jail cell, and stripped of all cash he made through cycling.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘PSA: five live @ 7. Drugs in cycling documentary’ is closed to new replies.