Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • PSA Extremely cheap road bikes at Go Outdoors
  • molgrips
    Free Member

There were two bikes in there, at £280 and £340 ish that looked very much like proper road bikes. The more expensive one seemed to have full Sora, STI shifters and all. Also some deep-ish section wheels that looked ok.

Now I’m not suggesting they’ll be great bikes, they were pretty heavy (but not a lot heavier than the 105 Specialized Allez I hired recently) but they would make a great commuter, and be a fair bit quicker than your typical cheap hybrid. Rack and mudguard holes on the dropouts, but no rack mounts on the seat stay for some reason. You could get one of those collars easily enough though which would sort that.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

hmmm, could work out cheaper than building up my 20+yr old frame with useable bits into a winter bike. Will have to check em out, cheers.

jamiep
    Free Member

No idea if it is any good but this got a good review and would be only £200 with the current discount

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

this Viking is £314 with “over80” code, full Sora (assume the one molgrips spotted).

redted
    Free Member

“No idea if it is any good but this got a good review and would be only £200 with the current discount”

It is a great starter /commute bike and I did the spec & graphics (I’m not Jamaican though!) .Bargain at that price too. Good spot Jamie.

scaredypants

looks a bit short in the toptube, or is that just because it isn’t a (very) slopey tube ?

officialtob
    Free Member

I’ve been avoiding asking, and hoping it would just ‘click’…but it hasnt, and I’m just going to do it… *awaits mockery*

What does PSA stand for on these forum posts??

😳

scaredypants

Pert, Shapely Arse

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Pear Shaped Apples

scaredypants

Put Simply, Amazeballs !!

binners

Prancing Sprightly Armadillo’s

Woody
    Free Member

Was thinking about that too as it would be a much cheaper option to buy the bike and swap the groupset and wheels onto my ‘decent’ frame !

scaredypants

@binners

Please; Superfluous Apostrophe 😉

frazered
    Free Member

the raleigh airlite200 is the only one with carbon forks, and clocks in at £382 using that 15% over code

the decathlon triban 3 still looks better value

wwaswas

Provoke Sheepish Asking

officialtob
    Free Member

FINALLY got it, after reading a few of the older forum posts. 😳

Thanks for your ‘help’ scaredypants, woody and Ro5ey 😉

Although I think some of your suggestions are WAY better!

scaredypants

Pah, Spoilt Afternoon 🙁

binners

Punctuation’s Shocking, Admittedly

mtbtomo
    Free Member

That Viking looks the same as the Viking Roma, which is more like £270 if you do a search for the 2011 model.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘PSA Extremely cheap road bikes at Go Outdoors’ is closed to new replies.