Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PSA – Cheap SRAM Guide Disc Brakes
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

hot on the heels of CRC getting a bunch of Santa Cruz forks and shocks, we have the Guide disc brakes

all listed as rears but the levers are flip flop are they not, so order 2 rears and shorten the hose

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/s?q=sram%20guide&sort=discount

jeffl

Ordered thanks. The Guide T is listed as rear but is a right hand lever, so assume Euro stock.

LimboJimbo

Good PSA, Cheers. Can anyone explain what the 20P and 40l refers to? My Google powers have failed me.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Maybe adapter sizes? 20mm post, 40 for 40mm is to post for 200mm rear rotors?

jeffl

Yes adaptor size. 20p is 180mm front and 40l is for 200mm rotors. That’s what I got from googling this morning

jeffl

Well mine arrived today. Clearly OEM stock as it was just in bubble wrap. Looks good, but will need to shorten the hose for use on the front. Gone and ordered another one for the back along with a bunch of barbs and olives.

Also ordered a bleed kit from eBay that someone on here mentioned. Unfortunately that seems to be coming from the states so won’t be here until October.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Funny. Never thought I’d see “PSA” and “SRAM brakes” together in a thread title.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bargain, the only difference to the more common OEM R is the clamp on those won’t take a matchmaker. Which always seemed odd, surely it must cost pence at most to make the hinged R lever clamp and saves them an SKU (and a shifter clamp).

Funny. Never thought I’d see “PSA” and “SRAM brakes” together in a thread title.

TBH I had some awfull Avid brakes, they would randomly pull to the bar and then take forever to pump them back upto pressure. Send them back to Fisher, they’d come back “brakes bled, issue solved”, then a ride or two later the same again.

But sometime arround the time they dropped AVID and rebranded them SRAM they seemed to sort themselves out. My last 3 bikes have all come with SRAM brakes and they’ve all survived despite having some spare shimanos they could have been swapped for.

chakaping
    Free Member

WTF you on about?

Guides can be a bit weak but Sram make good, reliable brakes generally.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Cheap SRAM Guide Disc Brakes’ is closed to new replies.