Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 161 total)
  • PSA: Call Of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 – £26 @ Sainsburys 10/11/09.
  • ski
    Free Member

keep them coming, I cannot get any worse, that's for sure 😉

GrahamS

Ooh yeah – the airport level is a bit controversial.
    The worrying part is that I'm sure you could just fire into the ceiling etc, so why was I so grenade happy around an airport!!

Not played it, but according to the media debate you can get through that scene without ever pulling the trigger.

So you chose to slaughter the innocent civilians…

Drac

Or you can even choose not to do it at all before playing the game, there's an option as you start it up.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

havent got it yet but the best tactic to online play is have a mate and watch each others back, also have the perk that makes you NOT show up on the map and the one that makes you run faster/longer (very under estimated perks). amazing how many kills you can get even with two of you sharing them.

never stop in one place, keep moving for the duration of the game and dont camp at all in one spot.

very frustrating as you need to get to know the maps inside out, which obviously takes loads of time

it was funny playing zombies last night, the server normally shows around 80,000 odd people it was 27,000'ish last night!! i wonder where they have all gone???????? funny thing is there seems to be alot of better players hanging around??

davidrussell
    Free Member

Curly68, give him the damn game already!

What's the point of starting to play the game when everyone else has leveled up and knows their way around every map?

Cruel git.

Thats how i've phrased it to the wife – the M-in-L wanted to give me it for christmas as it was a "good present" and I though **** that, so bought it yesterday anyway. wait 45 days to get in on the action? could be on 2nd prestige by then…..

mother in laws are supposed to not like the son in law anyway so i'm just accelerating the process. hoping to fire it up tonight…

Drac

Singleplayer is silly fun.

"Head for the RAMP!"

davidrussell
    Free Member

i sometimes find moving all the time gets you killed lots – you need to assess your opponents. sometimes there are muppets who'll go hell for leather to kill you, so if you sit in place A and kill them, they will go straight back to place A again to get you. Meanwhile you've moved a short distance away to B and placed a betty at A 🙂 They lose a limb of 4 and see you sniggering on the killcam located at B. They'll then try to get you at B, probably by trying to get behind you. Move to A or C and betty B up and continue until they are foaming at the mouth.

IME keep low, sprint where the coast is clear but walk otherwise – you cannot shoot whilst sprinting. dont run across huge open areas (i.e. use cover where available and sprint between) learn the maps and more importantly the spawn zones (stops folk spawning behind you and slotting you straight off) sort your controller options so you can move the sights quickly but not so quickly you have no control. find a gun you like and use it appropriately on the maps (dont use a sniper rifle on a small map unless you are very handy with it)

above all, dont let your emotion get too high otherwise you end up throwing lives away trying to get someone who is better than you, and probably giving them dogs (or new quivalent) which will just waste you more.

🙂

lowey

0 kills – killed 18 times!

Any tips on online play for cannon fodder like me?

Never played COD on line before but the tips the guys above give are a sound basis for any FPS.

Move, all the time move.
    Vary your play style in a map, never camp in one area. A good player will nail you after the 1st frag.
    Keep loaded, reload when not fighting, do this all the time so it becomes second nature.
    Appropriate weapon for the appropriate situation.
    Learn to switch weapons without thinking about it. (a keyboard helps with this as you can bind certain weapons to certain buttons and not have to scroll)
    Get some good head phones and listen for your enemies. Good players will know where you are before they even see you using headphones)
    But the biggest tip is learn the maps. Know them inside out. That will always be your biggest advantage.

You may also want to watch some better players. Does the game have a spectate mode ? If so use it.

Lastly, dont expect to be overnight good at an online game. It can take months of solid practice. Any monkey can finish a single player, but online is a whole different game. I used to play a Death Match version of HL2 and got pretty good, made top ten in ESL, but it took me ages to get that good.

Reading this makes me want to have a go. Its about time I played another game.

zaskar
    Free Member

How the **** do you guys have the time to play!??? or ride???

(I wish!)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Don't ride any more (22wk old twins) but they sleep through now so I can relax with a beer or two and have a quick hour after my wife has gone to bed usually around 10pm.

Not sure if this is good or bad but I really want to find time to ride again soon 🙁

Drac

Evenings when the kids or in bed, during the day when the youngest is asleep. Or when I have some free time it's not difficult.

Riding is a bit more tricky but I'm manage the odd one.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sounds like snap there Drac 🙂

Drac

Yeah it's not easy but works out. The riding side I've managed more this year than the last 3 since the youngest was born but still been tricky, still she starts pre-school nursery in January and Mother In Law retires in March so that should mean more riding.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I am just sowing the seeds in my wife's head about my getting back out again soon – I think she can cope now 😉

Drac

Just become a huge pest get in the way interfere when she's looking after them, you'll soon be told to get out on your bike.

lowey

Anyone know what the system requirements are for the PC version ?

teaandbiscuits
    Free Member

xbox question, does anyone know if the uk version is region locked? i'm pretty sure it isn't but it would be good to know before i buy it for my NTSC xbox.
    cheers all!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just become a huge pest get in the way interfere when she's looking after them, you'll soon be told to get out on your bike.

She's too canny – she'd know I was doing it deliberately and my life would be hell 🙂

steviegil
    Free Member

My copy has still not arrived – bastid! Dont think tesco's will ever be getting any of my pre-order's again!
    😥
    Anyone wants another ps3 pal add me ESG13

Drac

Lowey –

ystem Requirements

OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor or better supported
    Memory: 1 GB RAM
    Graphics: 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT or better or ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
    DirectX: Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c
    Hard Drive: 12GB of free hard drive space
    Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
    Internet: Broadband connection required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet Connection required for activation

teaandbiscuits – Not sure.

Drac

Oh and Lowey the have done a complete import from the Xbox for the PC, there will be no dedicated servers or moding tools so the experience of online play won't be great.

lowey

Cheers Drac.

teaandbiscuits
    Free Member

xbox question, does anyone know if the uk version is region locked? i'm pretty sure it isn't but it would be good to know before i buy it for my NTSC xbox.
    cheers all!

google answered my own question, apparantly not locked. woohoo

monkfish
    Free Member

Tried to play online with my ps3 last night, boy am I pants!

0 kills – killed 18 times!

Any tips on online play for cannon fodder like me?

Add me 😀

There does seem to be more superstars playing in normal Mercenary TDM than I ever found on either COD4 or WAW so subsequently I got my arse handed to me for my first hour or so last night. I'm now just about getting to break even on my k/d ratio.

The key is getting to learn the maps and as others have said keep moving but don't just run blindly along give it some thought.

As to how good it is the jury is out on that one. I find its much easier to be killed and I hardly ever see my killer but IMO they do seem to have thrown too much in just to make it different.

davidrussell
    Free Member

whats the perks?

didn't like the helo in cod4 – too random whether you got decent kills off it. likewise dogs in 5 was either a bonanza or nothing. dogs were particularly annoying at spawnf*cking you on HC modes.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

if the servers will let you online to play at the moment…

Smudger666

There does seem to be more superstars playing in normal Mercenary TDM than I ever found on either COD4 or WAW so subsequently I got my arse handed to me for my first hour or so last night. I'm now just about getting to break even on my k/d ratio.

Yeah – I think it is because the other MP modes such as 'hardcore TDM' etc are locked untill you reach a higher level.

Drac

whats the perks?

Shit loads of 'em.

if the servers will let you online to play at the moment…

Not had any trouble myself.

zaskar
    Free Member

(Resists the urge to buy games/xbox/PS3/Pringles)

God I love video games…

Must clean and ride bike must clean and ride bike…

Good stress buster I guess if you have kids and can't ride.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Especially with wireless headphones on – so I can't hear 'em screaming upstairs 🙂

davidrussell
    Free Member

whats the perks?

Shit loads of 'em.

sorry, meant kill perks like uav, dogs etc?

cannae wait but i'll bet there are loads of nuggets glitching already…

Drac

sorry, meant kill perks like uav, dogs etc?

Shit loads of 'em.

yamyamblade
    Free Member

if anyone lives in Sheffield Sainsbury's on Archer Road still had some at 4 today, just ask at customer services big pile of them behind the till..

muppet4
    Free Member

anyone stuggling to get online/invite pals?

Drac

Muppet it's broke patch on the way.

Supposedly this works.

Start MW2
    One person invites
    When invites arrives don't open message quit MW2 logout of PSN and then back in
    Restart MW2
    On the start where it asks you to press start open invite and select join
    You should join, once done if the hosts doesn't quit you can leave and join at will.

meehaja
    Free Member

mmmmm…. how good is this? jut wish i wasn't about to go on nights for the week, i'll be playing this all day!

Drac

Hmmm and now online seems borked.

Drac

Bugger finished single player looks like they're going to do download content then.

zaskar
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – Member

Especially with wireless headphones on – so I can't hear 'em screaming upstairs

lol 😆

Milkie
    Free Member

Finally managed to get to Sainsbury's today… They had loads!

Here's my PSN if anyone wants some Cannon Fodder!

PS3 online play should be fixed now btw.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Call Of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 – £26 @ Sainsburys 10/11/09.’ is closed to new replies.