Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • PSA: Aldi bike stuff on Thurs
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

Aldi getting their bike kit on thurs
    http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week18Thursday11.htm

and asda have some bike kit atm. Rear lights look better than tescos ones for a fiver.

Carry on!

santacruzrider
    Free Member

That ultra light packamack looks worth having for a tenner.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I fancy the scented shrubs and a hamster ball.

mieszko
    Free Member

I got the soft shell top last time and it’s great. However with the weather improving it’s too warm to wear over +15. Still very well made and worth the price. Sizing is spot on as well.

Kevevs
    Free Member

anyone tried the cycling shorts, are they proper roadie lycra stylee?

RustySpanner

The styles seem to change slightly each year, but yes, the shorts are very decent ‘roadie’ style lycra shorts.
    Last years had no drawstring, the ones before that did. Both fine.

They did baggies with a button in liner a few years ago, they were very good as well.

bigG
    Free Member

Pet Wipes? WTF? who “wipes” their pets….

allthepies
    Free Member

I’ve got some Aldi lycra shorts and they’re very good IMO.

motivforz
    Free Member

I got the button liner baggies last year. £12 for shorts and liner and I preferred the liner to the dhb ones from wiggle, so well worth it. Baggies not bad, comfy and durable material, button popped off (use belt now). Wish they were doing them again, I was going to buy a few for commuting in!

DezB
    Free Member

In case anyone is after Camelbak stuff – was in Sports Direct getting my boy a football and noticed behind the counter, bladders for about £8, cleaning kits for a fiver and other stuff. Karrimor branded.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I bought a tiny Aloe Vera plant in LiDLs for 50p a few years ago, Felt sorry for it as it was the last one sat there looking all sad.

It’s a monster now, and has spawned several offspring.

The gel in the leaves is the best stuff for burns, insect bites, grazes, rashes etc.

Bargainacious. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

tried most of the aldi stuff the pacamacs are fine windproof showerproof pack small and cheap
    Had the track punp for 2 years but not of Lezyne quality and wont last a lifetime but doing ok so far.
    Shorts are roadie style but with the patternedd liner
    One zip broke from circa 10 tops [softshell one] I have owned over the years [ oddly first time I used it but they had none to swap it with so I kept it.
    All decent quality
    Cycling clothing is just so overpirced for what it is [ propr waterproofs /shoes aside]

allthepies
    Free Member

Yup, I bought one of their track pumps and donated it to the work bikeshed cos I’m good like that 🙂

edhornby

socks are good, shorts work well as baggy short liners, wouldn’t recommend the short sleeve tops, they are a funny shape and the mitts are utter bobbins HTH

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Socks are great. Nice padding in them. I’ll be after more of them.

willard

Pet wipes… If you on a basset hound, you’ll realise that pet wipes are essential to prevent that smell of sweat trapped between rolls of skin.

Trust me, you need wipes.

rustler
    Free Member

The neoprene winter gloves are the best bit of kit they did. For what they cost they are unbeatable.

Obviously all of this is eclipsed by the Xmas stollen log.

jazid
    Free Member

I’m after the “Ergonomic Cycling Socks” because I’m sick of the drag caused by my non ergonomic pairs. 8/

How do pet wipes differ from baby wipes, apart for being more expensive? Why not go the whole hog and stick a nappy and bonnet on your pet as well?

Junkyard
    Free Member

you’ll realise that pet wipes are essential to prevent that smell of sweat trapped between rolls of skin.

I think of few folk on here could do with them as well then 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was queuing at 8am to get the stuff this time – and it was all there (before even on the first evening it’s gone!)

Iniital verdict: softshell top is great in theory – windproof only where needed, but cut may be too short and tight on the arms and big in the belly for me – may suit many on here though :P.

Otherwise the £3 socks, £5 track pump, £5 tool-bag, £10 compression kit (pants & wife-beater) and £8 jerseys look good (I bought all but latter). Note there is running stuff inc. compression socks too.

Worth a trip! Got some muesli too 😎

scaredypants

but cut may be too short and tight on the arms and big in the belly for me

*swoons at al’s guns’n’sixpack*

cp

going at lunchtime – hopefully some track pumps left. Sick of my last two £30-40 quid ones failing after a year or two.

jamiep
    Free Member

Ive got the track pump. It’s not top quality, but it’s still working fine after a few years, which is great for £5

granny_ring

Cheers, ok for bike stuff but could do with some of those herbs 🙂

Rich_s

If you on a basset hound

Erm… 😯

derp
    Free Member

Gloves ok, socks ok, cycling shorts very strange sizing with the leg openings being too wide, but fine everywhere else. Tempted to swap them for small, but to be honest they really look, yes I know, cheap and nasty this year.

mav12
    Free Member

gloves are ok the jacket sizes are on the small side so try on before you buy xl are more like large

havent tried the shorts on yet computer looks ok for a fiver

swoosh
    Free Member

I got a shirt and shorts. Both of which look ok but not tried on.

The softshell this time was a lot thinner than the one i got last time so was very tempted but they didn’t have one in my size which was a downer. Might try a different branch on way home.

binners

I think I’ll check if they’ve any track pumps left on the way home. Cheers for that.

And thanks for the Camelbak heads-up DezB. My bladder probably has more species of bacteria in it than a 5 day old bison carcass rotting in a rain-forest 😕

AlexSimon

I tried on the softshell. Wasn’t bad for the money, but it was very tight and short in the arms for me. Moving up to the medium, the torso was too baggy and the arms were still short.
    If it really is windproof and warm, it’s pretty good though. We considered buying a Small and cutting the arms off to make a gillet, but that would mean having to thread the overlocker 🙂

jp-t853

Got a track pump and it seems very very good for the price, there were loads left (Penrith).

Also picked up some shorts, last of the Medium’s and they also look really good. They will go under my baggie shorts.

mav12
    Free Member

shorts are good look like a gel pad insert and sizeing is about right

miffed about the jackets sizing is well out

scruff
    Free Member

Pet Wipes? WTF? who “wipes” their pets….

Ever had a dog that ate a rubber band ?….

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Aldi bike stuff on Thurs’ is closed to new replies.