Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • PSA: 90% off SRAM & Rockshox spares
  • idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

http://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/deals/sale/90-off-sram-and-rockshox-spares

Loads of lower legs, bushings, CSUs… No 1 1/8″ straight steerer Lyrik CSUs though, damnit!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Anyone know if i could use this
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FOROCSUCAS32/rockshox-csu-carbon-sid-32mm-(80-100mm-only)

with some QR 29er Rebas (which are only 100mm travel max, unlike the 15mm axle ones).

5lab

I’ve tried swapping uppers around before (not the same forks as yours) – the issue I had was one was steel vs alu – the alu tubing is thicker, so a narrower internal diameter – which meant the threading at the top (to get the damper\top caps to fit) was different – I’d say it was 34mm vs 32mm (on 35mm stanchions)

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

According to mtbr forums it’s a 150g saving and it’s not as stiff.

This sounds like one of those things that seems a good idea when i’m bored at work on a friday afternoon, that later turns out to be a tedious waste of time in the garage spending ages faffing for minimal gain.

Northwind

Someone’s ramraided the Rockshox museum 😆 Some really good stuff in there among the crap though.

BoardinBob

Something to do with Fishers being bought over

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Whilst all the owners of terminally FUBAR’d rockshox are in the room.

Does anyone have a spare lower leg/shaft bolt? The SRAM one is £15, and I CBA buying 100 from B&Q.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Got any sizing specs for it?
    Edit: never mind, just seen it’s not a stock type bolt.

kimbers

hmmm could i convert my rt3 to an rc3+ with this?

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FOROEERESAM/rockshox-eyelet-reservoir-assy-monarch-plus-rc3

Id have to some how get the damper shaft out of teh old head and swap it onto this?

anyone?

(anyone meaning loco)

tall_martin

I’ve gone for just that.

I cant get a monarch rt3+ in my shock size so I’m going for a 165mm damping and rt3+ head.

Anyone know if
    A) that will work
    B) other than the damping shaft, air can and oil I will need anything else?

Cheers

Martin

andybrad

so would one of the seal kits for a more modern debonair plus or pike?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Edit: never mind, just seen it’s not a stock type bolt.

I don’t think it’s anything fancy, it’s just a bolt (not the hollow ones for the dual air or rebound, just a bolt). I’d hazzard a guess m7 or m8.

carlos
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    Whilst all the owners of terminally FUBAR’d rockshox are in the room.

Does anyone have a spare lower leg/shaft bolt? The SRAM one is £15, and I CBA buying 100 from B&Q.

I might possibly have one of those. Just so I’m 100% what it is your after. Is it the bolt at the bottom of the fork on the coil/air chamber side?

Edit – Just seen the other post above. Yes it is. I’ll have a look when I get in

Kryton57

Edit: Stupid question.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i have a sektor fork from 2013, 2015 pike, 2016 boxxer, 2016 kage rc.

i have no idea if any of the stuff in the PSA is helpful or not !

Northwind

Sektor stuff is the right generation (Sektors aren’t fully intercompatible but they’re all basically the 2010-era Revelation chassis or variants thereof, all the same family.)

Most of the Boxxer stuff that’s identifiable is for the old 32mm chassis (and some of it very old versions of that fork) but there’s a couple of more modern ones- the fugly red lowers and some bushings, and a tall top yoke.

I’m assuming the Pike stuff is all 426-era old Pike- I don’t think there’s been a diffusion silver New Pike.

kimbers

tall_martin – Member
    I’ve gone for just that.

I cant get a monarch rt3+ in my shock size so I’m going for a 165mm damping and rt3+ head.

Anyone know if
    A) that will work
    B) other than the damping shaft, air can and oil I will need anything else?

Cheers

Martin

well ive bought the piggyback

attaching it looks a right pita!
    https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.netdna-ssl.com/cdn/farfuture/sGG7YL1TZAawVvQq5_LxeeLhMUWlW1f6i-U5SQaMAS4/mtime:1377093653/sites/default/files/techdocs/gen0000000004416_rev_a_2014_monarch_plus_sm.pdf
    this guy bodged some tools for it

its the air shaft gripper tho
    http://faqload.com/faqs/bicycle-components/suspension/monarch-shock-service

tools shown here

looks like a 2012 model, no idea if that will fit my current setup, but for 16 quid delivered I dont mind trying

nixie

Shame there are no 120mm reba csus

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Is there anything in there I could use to convert my coil Argyle to air? I’ve allready added the 80mm spring to tge basket but you never know…

andy4d

That is a long list. I wonder if any suspension gurus out there could put together a complete fork from the list of parts. Would be for peanuts if they could.

kelvin

Anyone seen any (modern) Pike 26″ CSUs for sale anywhere?

tall_martin

Thanks kimbers.

Looks like a super fiddly bodge 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is there anything in there I could use to convert my coil Argyle to air? I’ve allready added the 80mm spring to tge basket but you never know…

Probably not, the springs usually scratch the inside of the stanchion so the piston won’t seal.

The only option is to buy an air pike/revelation/sektor and add travel spacers to bring it down to the right level.

Goldigger
    Free Member

So if you need a 190×51 rear shock buy both of these
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FORO8DAMX/rockshox-damper-assy-monarch-xx-190x51mm-(mm)-black
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FOROACKMDA/rockshox-air-can-kit-monarch-dual-air

And you’ve got a shock for £24.80
    Or have I missed something?
    Stickers!

Junkyard
    Free Member

its sold out

nicholas_yiu

Thanks, the stanchions on my 09 revelations are very scratched and I have some replacement for under 30 include postage. That will keep my 26 in fleet going for a while.

vmgscot

Thanks for the PSA – took a punt on some bits for peanuts that should let me convert my GF’s old Revelations from iffy air u-turn to simple reliable coil and keep her winter h/t running a but longer.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I have some tired coil Tora TK 26″ 1,1/8″ forks that I was going to bin or service. Anything in there that can bring them back to life?

carlosg
    Free Member

GRRRR , I don’t actually need a spare set of lowers(ATM) for my ’12 Boxers but £30 seems like a no brainer

carlos
    Free Member

@ thisisnotaspoon – you have a message

Carlos

andyl
    Free Member

Ordered some bits on Monday, 2 black box dampers as I wasn’t sure which I needed without the part numbers.

They sent a bloody monarch shock damper instead of one of them and not replying to emails and now the last of the dampers I wanted as sold out. Will give them until Monday night and then open a PayPal claim but still won’t get the damper which I suspect is the one I need.

hopefiendboy

Does anyone know if the lowers come with bushes fitted? or wiper seals?

Cheers!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

cheers Northwind!

kimbers

What monarch damper did they send andyl?

andyl
    Free Member

Part number: 11.4115.105.380

Damper Monarch RT3, 222×66 M/H tune

robhughes
    Free Member

Now if only i could get a 184 x 44 monarch air can all would be good. 😥

kimbers

Well my piggyback turned up, guy to assemble it all though !!!

This may be a job for loco!

shermer75
    Free Member

Guy?

kimbers

sorry GOT to assemble

shermer75
    Free Member

Ahh.. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘PSA: 90% off SRAM & Rockshox spares’ is closed to new replies.