Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA: 1800LM CREE XML T6 LED Recall
  • markreed
    Free Member

Not sure if this has already been posted but just received this email and thought it worth sharing for anyone who may have bought one!

Dear customer

Product warning: 1800LM CREE XML T6 LED Mountain Cycling Bike Bicycle Light HeadLamp HeadLight

It has been brought to our attention by the Trading Standards Authority that there are safety risks associated with the above product, which you have purchased from eBay seller Wedo-Bestdeal.

These risks may cause serious injury.

As a precaution we ask that you stop using this product immediately and return it to:

Address:
    Qiong Hou,
    Unit 53, Basepoint Business Centres, Shearway Business Park,
    Folkestone, CT19 4RH,Kent,UK

Please write your ebay ID on the package so we can find your information. thank you !

Once the product has been returned, eBay seller Wedo-Bestdeal can arrange a full refund.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

If you have any questions regarding this recall please contact us.

– wedo-bestdeal

tracknicko
    Free Member

Once the product has been returned, eBay seller Wedo-Bestdeal can arrange a full refund.

how many ssssssss’s in SCAM?

vitalspark
    Free Member

Just got this email as well – no such thing as Trading Standards Authority. I know a few people that have had these lights for ages and no issues. think it is a scam

fridgeraider
    Free Member

I received the same email from the same seller.

A friend of my mine bought a very similar light from another ebay seller and when you look at the two together they were quite different. The main difference was the charger, mine was quite a bit smaller. After a bit of web research I found a lot of electrical items being recalled with very similar chargers so I erred on the side of caution and sent the item back as requested.

Sent the light back on Tuesday and received a Paypal refund on Thursday. Can’t beat that level of service.

Jamie
    Free Member

Call me Suspicious Steve, but fridgeraider’s first post is to back up the email the OP received?

Scapegoat

Suspecting a scam I replied asking for confirmation that it was not a scam, and for some reason they simply sent this picture

matty456
    Free Member

Yep. Got this email too. Going to send it back for a refund as i have it mounted on helmet and dont want melted plastic running down my forehead! 😯

scaredypants

that’s a handsome fish

(not in a sexy way, obviously 😳 )

firestarter
    Free Member

Seems an odd scam to me, what would you do with a load of cheap import used lights ?

smell_it
    Free Member

what would you do with a load of cheap import used lights

Perhaps superstar are launching their new range of lights, but don’t worry they will be backed up with their legendary customer service. 🙂

Did fridgeraider really just join to further this thread?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Problem with cheap Chinese lights you say…. Surely not

terribleone1982
    Free Member

If mine explodes or melts, I’ll just chalk off the £30 it cost me to experience…

Yep. Got this email too. Going to send it back for a refund as i have it mounted on helmet and dont want melted plastic running down my forehead!

I think you should be more worried about the battery pack exploding in between your legs!! 😉

federalski
    Free Member

I bought a XML T6 off this guy a few weeks ago.
    As soon as I opened the torch up to put the batteries in it was obvious it was very cheap and nasty. I did not really expect any different for 11 quid.
    I am just using mine for work now, though I do not necessarily trust it.

eightyeight
    Free Member

mmm…i’ve got the CREE XML-L T6 1600. Are my nads / facial features in danger!?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA: 1800LM CREE XML T6 LED Recall’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM