Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Protein World Beach Body Underground Advert Punch Up
  • BillOddie

Huffington Post Link

Is it just me or is this just a lot of fuss about nothing?

Based on my experience with the women in my office they are constantly dieting for this wedding or that holiday?

Advertising supplements using a fit and healthy model is kind of the point, right?

Discuss…

wwaswas

They seem like an all round nice company;

munrobiker
    Free Member

That last bit sounds perfectly reasonable. Maybe not the best way to sell your company, but it’s true.

somouk
    Free Member

Bit of a harsh way to say it but a reasonable statement.

Cougar

It’s a ballsy way of saying it, certainly.

As an advertising stunt, it’s massively successful (cos here we are, discussing it). Whether they’ll ultimately come out smelling of roses is another matter. I won’t be buying their products, at any rate (not that I was likely to in the first place, but still).

tpbiker
    Free Member

hows it any different than the thousands of ads you see all over the place showing ripped blokes advertising supplements? Don’t see folks complaining about those.

Sounds to me like a bunch of fatties getting in a tizzy as they’ve worked out long ago they are to lazy to get in shape…*

*maybe

nickc

I’ll bite.

Because necking shed loads of whey protein supplemented by vitamin tabs is not going to make you healthy. It’s not about health it’s about making women feel insecure because they aren’t skinny, and that’s got shit all to do with health.

brassneck

Sounds to me like a bunch of fatties getting in a tizzy as they’ve worked out long ago they are to lazy to get in shape…*

Could equally read as a bunch of shills wilfully misrepresenting benefits of a protein heavy diet as the magic answer to fitness and wellbeing.

So I think I’m agreeing with your first point 😀

twinw4ll
    Free Member

It’s just another add offering the moon on a stick and delivering sweet fanny adams.
    I despair at the amount of fatties there are, there was even one lying in the bed next to me this morning.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I wonder what Jamelia thinks of it all?

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s just another add offering the moon on a stick and delivering sweet fanny

!

Cougar

I thought that said “sweat” for a moment.

martinhutch

‘Vagenda magazine.’

Must see if WH Smith has got this month’s in yet.

Northwind

nickc – Member

Because necking shed loads of whey protein supplemented by vitamin tabs is not going to make you healthy. It’s not about health it’s about making women feel insecure because they aren’t skinny, and that’s got shit all to do with health.

Exactly that. If you’re selling a genuine healthy product to help people, then their response might be more reasonable but as it is, it’s pretty crappy.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

They seem like an all round nice company;

All that pressure must have worked, as she seems to be on the optimal side of chunky..

Cougar

‘Vagenda magazine.’

Must see if WH Smith has got this month’s in yet.

I doubt it, it’s for a pretty niche market.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Humans are hard wired to spot signs of fertility in other humans. It’s an attractive trait. When you see “sexualised image of”, read “highly fertile”. Natural selection has put us all in a race to find fertile mates and adverts like this remind people of that. Some people don’t like being reminded it appears.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Clicking on the link the comments from some of the feminists were worrying
    We love London. **** patriarchy. pic.twitter.com/bDeET7pzdO
    — The Vagenda Team

For example

I tend to agree its selling an idealised notion of female beauty to the masses – that said its one we all generally [ though not all of us] agree on.
    IMHO nothing does this worse than female magazines that pour over the clothes choices of the rich and famous whilst publishing pictures of their cellolite and adorning the pages with beauty products that vain women buy in order to look mor ebeautiful

You cannot have it both ways and then blame men for it

As for the adverts DOnt care I dont go to the beach and if i do I wont care as I have to take my contact lens out and everything is so blurred I cannot tell gender, even if it was a nudist beach

I am not sure men should take all the blame

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Protein World Beach Body Underground Advert Punch Up’ is closed to new replies.