Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Proper Flu – How to get rid?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

For the last 4 days I haven’t been able to move, just feeling like shit, no energy whatsoever, temperature, wet through with sweat, dizzyness, sleeping most of the day and night etc etc.

I really thought it would be easing off by now but no signs as yet, so what can I do to try and get rid. Suppose to be biking in the lakes at the weekend but not looking good at the min…

Jamie
    Free Member

Allow time to elapse.

That’s about it really.

scotsman
    Free Member

double dose on night nurse the liquid green stuff, works for me.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

Lots of garlic and onions, and I really do mean lots. So much that people can smell it. In capsule form at night before sleep if you don’t want to be too anti-social. Have the other half if you have one eat or take lots of garlic also so you are both immune to the smell. The other half will also now be be better protected from what you have. Perhaps some food with turmeric and ginger if you have any.. vitamin C, or plenty of fruit or fruit juice.. the odd cup of tea.

Garlic is the king of killing baddies though. Onion is a milder relative. Sulphur and other compounds like allicin are considered to be the doers of good.

neninja
    Free Member

Prevention is best – I get a flu jab every year. It’s well worth it.

Pippin
    Free Member

time, rest, fluids – about it.

I had 2 weeks off work with mine – forget biking.

If you feel up to it, a short walk will get some fresh air into you – but don’t over-do it.

Remember – flu kills people, its nasty.

IA

about 20 hours of solid xbox at a time worked for me.

That or the fact I was resting and being sure to eat/drink plenty. But I think it was the xbox 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Man-flu: If you see £20 on the floor you’ll struggle to bend down and pick it up

Real flu: If you see £20 on the floor you won’t even care it’s there!

seosamh77
    Free Member

ots of garlic and onions, and I really do mean lots. So much that people can smell it. In capsule form at night before sleep if you don’t want to be too anti-social. Have the other half if you have one eat or take lots of garlic also so you are both immune to the smell. The other half will also now be be better protected from what you have. Perhaps some food with turmeric and ginger if you have any..

you’d be as well prescribing a good curry! 😀

Hohum
    Free Member

“Starve a fever and feed a cold.”

Not sure how much truth is involved in that to be honest though.

peterfile
    Free Member

Rest and fluids, then let your body do the rest.

I’ve had flu twice, once when I was a kid coming back from holiday (don’t really remember too much about it).

Second time was a few years ago, I was flat out for a week, wiped for for another week and then eventually went to the docs at the end of the second week because i still felt pretty bad and thought it must be “something more serious than flu”. The doc had a bit of a chuckle, making the point that flu is so misinterpreted now and that flu is really serious. He told me to go back and get more rest.

Think it was about 3 weeks until i was well enough to walk to the local shop etc.

To be fair, i was pretty run down when i picked it up, but regardless, plently of rest and fluids 😀

vancoughcough
    Free Member

neninja – Member

Prevention is best – I get a flu jab every year. It’s well worth it.
    Posted 2 hours ago # Report-Post

After all the trouble they cause? Some jabs have even contained live virus. Vaccines are big business. It is no secret that Donald Rumsfeld personally profited from the various bird flu terror-mongering through his interests in Gilead’s Tamiflu. And do you remember that big Labor donor who was a big vaccine maker in the UK? There’s something not quite right with the business of vaccines…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I was bed ridden for a week, and then started back at work, but still was shattered and going to bed at 8:30 at night, still I thought I was on the mend. This weekend started with a temp again and now feel absolutely cr@p again but still in work.

Not sure if going to the docs will acheive anything, but this is now the third week of being ill 🙁

alfabus
    Free Member

paracetamol will bring your temperature down, decongestants will help with unbunging you.

these are all just treating the symptoms though. There is no cure, you just need to ride it out.

Lots of fluids, and lots of rest.

oh, and +1 for the ‘£100 on the floor, who cares’ diagnosis method.

Dave

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Im off work with flu/good cold etc .. all in my eyes as well, nose is streaming and so are my eyes .. went to bed Friday nite feeling fine, Saturday morning absolutely full of it !
    would rather be at work than feel like this ….. dont get paid while im sick either 🙁

scaredypants

not a big time of year for yer actual influenza in the uk

still could be, but not massively likely

nbt

I was bed ridden for a week

If you have flu, this is understandable

and then started back at work,

This is the problem. as the specials said “too much too soon”. you need to give yourself to to recover, feeling good enough to get up doesn;’t mean you;re over it

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Unfortunately though there was pressure to get back to work, I’ve recently had 7 weeks off sick with a fractured wrist, and then the week off, which I’m sure my boss thought I was making up..

I was kind of hoping bosses might have sent me home today, but no sign of it as yet, even though colleagues have said I’m not well enough to be in work.

See how I am tonight when I get home, but dont think I will be in tomorrow.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just been to the docs, and I’ve got a bad chest infection so now on anti biotics….

Drac

After all the trouble they cause? Some jabs have even contained live virus.

What problems is that then and where were these lives viruses then?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If you have been at work you did not have flu.

speaker2animals

If yr playing XBox I don’t think you have flu. I had a dose of something last X-mas, struggled to keep working but was sent home twice and gave up as I had just been getting worse and worse. I love X-mas but slept through most of last years and really didn’t care. And I’m not even sure I had flu. Oh – I also lost about a stone as I could barely manage to drink and food was difficult too.

Expect up to 2 weeks of feeling the worse and a while to recover after.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I was off work for a week and then stupidly went back in…

paulosoxo
    Free Member

MTFU and try and avoid the Guillain Barre 😉

showerman
    Free Member

going to work and passing it onto everyone else is never a good idea 🙁

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Proper Flu – How to get rid?’ is closed to new replies.