Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Project Bogey: COMPLETE (warning contents contains excessive awesomeness)
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

When TRH jnr MkII arrived I knew I would need a project to keep me sane during the never ending months of no riding and sleepless nights. I saw a Norco Charger frame on here and started to dream. That was ten months ago. Yesterday I finally finished Project Bogey.

go on, take it in.

and t’other side. Here’s the front.

and from behind (sniggers)

gold and cash green

home made dual ring

drive

total cost £1053.63 and it fuuuuuurrrrking light for just over a grand. From the ride round the block I can confirm it’s a whipper snapper as well. Makes me look good 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

that is, at best, **** ugly!

MrGreedy

Nice choice of backdrop 🙂

Shame about the barends though

rOcKeTdOg

yer bar ends are upside down, pretty chainring

racing_ralph
    Free Member

home made double ring – do you mean you removed the outer ring??

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bar end fail, MASSIVE TIME.

Otherwise…sorry but it is pretty minging.

hels
    Free Member

Nice color ! But yes the bar ends really do have to go before you ride it in public.

DrP

Someone also stole your saddle padding….

DrP

maxray
    Free Member

I thought they were upside down but didn’t want to say incase I had been wrong all along!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Yes, very not nice.
    Don’t worry though, i like Orange 5’s

shinsplints

It would be half as light without those bloody bar ends.
    I agree the chainrings look puurdy.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Nice seatpost and saddle, wheels too. Shame about the colour. Kudos for the Gripshift!

Militant_biker

Interesting blend of drivetrain parts – I see X.0, Alivio and some ‘SIS’ Shimano…

Not my cup of tea either but I’m sure you like it

cinnamon_girl

Bar ends are cool! Just ignore that lot, what do they know? 🙄

Chain rings definitely look good!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jesus THEY ARE ON UPSIDE DOWN

robhughes
    Free Member

why…just why…. 😆

robdeanhove
    Free Member

No less than 4 errors!

Bar ends are definitely upside down (and really shouldn’t be on a riser bar)

The chain is too long (more weight to be saved!)

Front brake hose running around the outside of the fork – error (should be on the inside, this would not only protect the hose from scuffing and crushing damage, but the hose could be shorter and lighter)

Rear brake hose is too long

Possibly a fifth: Is that bits of cable outer between the cable stops to simulate a full length outer? Not only will it add weight (the outer is heavy steel), but it won’t protect from dirt ingress as the dirt only get in at the ends & joints, it will even increase the friction in the bits with “extra” outer. This is a massive fail if my eyes are right.

OOPS!

jools182
    Free Member

Bar ends need to go. Nice colour though

GaVgAs
    Free Member

barends on risers?…nooooo 😡

james
    Free Member

Bar ends are definetely upside down, and on riser bars. Stubbyish bar ends can look okay, mostly better on flat bars, but anything with a bend in really detracts from a bike IMO
    If you really must have them, and don’t want to buy any more, then try removing the plastic bungs from the ends, take a hacksaw (or angle grinder etc) to the bar ends just below the bend, clean up and square off with a file, reinsert the plastic bungs and you have some stubbyish bar ends, slightly lighter and less eye-scaring than they used to be

XC717 discs?? Rebas?? Elixir Rs, eggbeaters, XO carbon, yet alivio (square taper?) cranks and no name front mech? I’m confused

Frame looks a bit odd though. The angles and BB drop almost look as if ought to have a taller fork?

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I don’t understand why there is a kawasaki sticker on it.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

That took months? Really?

juan
    Free Member

I don’t understand why there is a kawasaki sticker on it.

To make it look cool… A bit like kawasaki bikes. Fugly as hell, soulless as a possible but green to increase the me me me factor.

Bike is nice, just need a flat bar, a bigger fork and a longer stem.

turboferret

What’s going on with the front mech cable? Almost looks as though it’s been converted to rod actuation in the 6th photo!

Cheers, Rich

Bez

Makes me look good

Anything would look good next to that.

xiphon
    Free Member

Fail.

crazy-legs

Cables need sorting and you need a black seatpost to match the stem. Chain is too long as well.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Those kawasaki racing stickers are naff. Bit like those £50 bikes you see with Reebok or Coca-cola branding on.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

This is a wind up isn’t it?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

you need a different front mech. Top-swing/bottom swing. whatever;s the oppposite of what you’ve got there. Keeps the cable snug

Apart from the bar-ends, I quite like it.

therealhoops
    Free Member

rocketdog, cynic-al, maxray, robdeanhove, james et al

YOU ARE ALL WRONG MMMMWWWWWWWAAAAAHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAH HAHA HA

The bar ends are Codas from yonks ago and are most definitely NOT on upside down. I thought the 42t SIS front mech was a clue that I might be using some uber retro stuff but you all failed with your bike history. You can argue about the looks, fine, but they are on the right way.

Robdean – you have a keen eye! in my defence: bar ends – you’re wrong, see above 🙂 chain length – this lenght so I can use all the gears that rear cassette is massive, f.brake hose – granted but never had a prob in past, r.brake hose – granted, Alivio – granted but it is HT1 so not as heavy as you think also I have issues with current outboard trends. Frame angles – blame Norco, defo a 100mm fork.

respec’

smiffy

The front mech height will not help.

epicyclo

Looks like you enjoyed building it and there’s a bit of thought gone into it.

The main thing is to go out and get it filthy now.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Project Bogey: COMPLETE (warning contents contains excessive awesomeness)’ is closed to new replies.