Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Production Privee Full Suss
  • superstu
    Free Member

Cotic looks far more pleasing to my eyes. Not feeling this. Be interested to see how it rides though.

Kamakazie

Looks good, lots of options for steel full sus all of a sudden.

On a side note, have they stopped selling the Shan GT already as it’s not been on their site for a while? Hope not, there isn’t many options for that sort of 29er yet.

kayak23

D&D cycles list the GT, so no I don’t think so. Maybe it’s got lost somehow in their website redesign.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I quite like it, but am a bit underwhelmed by the paint jobs etc. It doesn’t really look like any of their other bikes though.

Don’t think that the shock position will be an issue – hasn’t affected the Rocked, my Banshee had a shock in a similar place and that was fine.

thebees
    Free Member

What a God-awful name. Reminds me of some **** holiday firm.

thepodge
    Free Member

Terrible name, whats the point in the Shan name on everything?

Looks OK, I’m neither for or against the slim lines simplistic look.

Price is a bit steep for what it is but not crazy steep.

DMR said they couldn’t build a competitive steel bike due to cost and weight, I think they’ve just been proved wrong (again).

Needs the geo chart publishing as it looks a touch short, and by short I mean probably about right for now but not particularly progressive.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s nice, but it’s not making me want one like I want a Rocket.

Don’t think that the shock position will be an issue – hasn’t affected the Rocked, my Banshee had a shock in a similar place and that was fine.

I presume that was a reference to the Caminades with it’s shock mounted behind the seatube.

BoardinBob

I actually love that raw finish. Has a real “rat rod” look to it. Would be great if they did a lacquered version of that

ajantom

I presume that was a reference to the Caminades with it’s shock mounted behind the seatube.

Yes, it was. The Shan shock placement looks fine.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Much like the Cotic FS bike I find this a bit industrial looking. Perhaps with the kind of paint job the Shans come in I’d be more excited by it but, for that amount of money, its pretty meh.

That DMR sled (crap name but most are) looks like it could be a steal if the price was right, but it’s not, and it’s in the pool with some big hitters at that price point.

brant
    Free Member

Terrible name, whats the point in the Shan name on everything?

What a God-awful name. Reminds me of some **** holiday firm.

Really needs an “L” in there.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Yes, it was. The Shan shock placement looks fine.

My bad.

The raw finish look pretty good – will be interesting to see how much it weights. I think it might be a bit porky (no idea why, just a feeling).

kayak23

The colour ain’t the colour yet.
    It will be inspired by cars again, apparently this here Porsche.

I think they should have held off releasing details until they’d painted one properly but meh.
    Love the Raw but feel it’s not their style to release one.

BoardinBob

Not sure it’s intentional but it would be a hell of a coincidence if it wasn’t, but the Chinese word “Sh?n” means mountain. 8)

Kamakazie

Shan GT was missing on the old site as well.
    Maybe they sold out of the first shipment and haven’t got any more in yet, bit odd. Look good as ever in FGF at least!

I think it looks mint – and I’ve been riding plastic FS’ers for 8years

bungalistic
    Free Member

http://www.production-privee.com/ under products Shan GT is right there at the top. I’ve got one and it’s pretty good I must say:

chakaping
    Free Member

I honestly prefer the raw and plain green finishes to their usual fancypants colour schemes.

buckster
    Free Member

I think that there is a dominant geometry software calculator designer package thing being used where all bikes end up looking very similar. Bit like cars do…?

v666ern
    Free Member

Should have waited to release it finished – PP’s have a certain drool that the raw version has missed

no

AlexSimon

v666ern – Member

Should have waited to release it finished – PP’s hardtails have a certain drool that the raw any FS version has missed Correction more true for me I think.
    Anyway – Aesthetically I like it, but would need to ride it to see if single pivot can take me away from my 4-bar.
    The last time I rode a Rocket (26er) I was perfectly happy with it.

kayak23

PP’s have a certain drool that the raw version has missed

The Raw isn’t a ‘version’ though remember…it’s a proto.

Kamakazie

Ah seems its got its.own section on the mobile site.

I really want one.

warpcow
    Free Member

Looks like a longer travel version of that German internet bike.

Edit: this one

BoardinBob

Bike in “looking like bike” shocker

v666ern
    Free Member

The Raw isn’t a ‘version’ though remember…it’s a proto.

True, still think they should have waited rather than release the pictures. IMO they would have had more of an impact/media frenzy than it has, just seems a bit meh rather than wow

v666ern
    Free Member

Kayak sums it up for me

maybe a teensy bit underwhelmed

kayak23

Looks like a longer travel version of that German internet bike.

I guess so…in the dark….standing back a bit….with your eyes squinted, maybe closed… 😉

tymbian
    Free Member

I cant help but think it looks a bit “bunched up”.

warpcow
    Free Member

Rather than a generic ‘looks like a Trek’ comment, I was pretty serious. Pivot placement and linkage are near identical. Looks to be a longer stroke on the PP, higher BB.

sharkattack

That naked steel version looks amazing. Better than the cheesy ‘Gulf’ style hardtail.

kayak23

sharkattack – Member
    That naked steel version looks amazing. Better than the cheesy ‘Gulf’ style hardtail.

Oi! You’re hurting my feelings 😥

fudge9202
    Free Member

I actually like it and was going the next batch of Shan GT was in gulf colours

Andy-R

I like the “raw” look….

Kamakazie

The next GT is in the gulf colours? Hmmmm

ajt123
    Free Member

Reminds me very much of the Alutech ICB 2.0;

https://alutech-cycles.com/ICB20_1

Think I’d rather have teh Alutech for 500 quid less. Both look good though – I like the miss-matched travel and big main-pivots.

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Production Privee Full Suss’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM