Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,401 total)
  • Probably a stupid headset question..
  • ratadog

And somewhere here should be?

boxelder

ratadog

I thank you. Now off to finish painting the kitchen and get the curtain rails vaguely horizontal.

eth3er
    Free Member

I've been away a spell. Please help me understand this.

boxelder

I've been away a spell

Suitably attired I trust, given the inclement weather?

andrewh
    Free Member

Please help me understand this.

The celery or the original question?

bruk

Oooh page 3

ononeorange

Couple of days off riding over Easter and I find this languishing in the forgotten corner with assorted rants about nothing in particular. Come on chaps – Mackem needs to see it on the front page so he knows we're seeking his answer. And very close to finding it. Probably.

wwaswas

there's an article in WhatMTB all about headsets and fork fitting this month.

It isn't definitive about whether headsets come with a crown race or not, though 🙁

Helios
    Free Member

Is it easier to:
    a) swap crown races between forks?
    b) swap headsets between frames?
    c) swap celery for a magic cat?

soobalias
    Free Member

ive got a magic cat, how fresh is your celery?

Helios
    Free Member

It is very fresh – and indeed I can swap you not only raw celery but also celery cooked and combined with mushrooms, leeks, carrots, onions and tomatoes to form a vegetarian Ragu…

Now… How many spells can your magic cat perform?

eth3er
    Free Member

Celery is a horrible mistake the gods made while attempting to make spinach.

mangoridebike

I'd go for b, c then a Helios

if only the OP was as easy to answer. has any one thought to Google it?

ononeorange

I think we did Google somewhere around page 6 or 8 or something. The magic cat / celery stand-off is an interesting development though.
    Apparently, Tutankhamun had some in his tomb; the Egyptians revered cats as gods and there was allegedly a curse on Tutankhamun's tomb, so there we have the mysterious cat – Egyptian – mummy's curse – crown race link.

I raise your celery to a 3000 year-old pharoah.

Helios
    Free Member

So you've got a 3000 year old Pharoah with some mysterious cats – but are they actually magic cats? If they're just a bit spooky then they're not worth my celery, (and certainly aren't worth Ragu) – but if they can do spells and stuff then they might be ok to swap…

naokfreek
    Free Member

Celery wins…

TheSwede
    Free Member

I've told you before. Celery is the muck.

andrewh
    Free Member

if only the OP was as easy to answer. has any one thought to Google it?

Posted 3 hours ago # Report-Post
    ononeorange – Member
    I think we did Google somewhere around page 6 or 8 or something.

Don't know why but if you type 'stupid headset question' into google and then press I'm feeling lucky it takes you straight to page 19

eth3er
    Free Member

.. / .– .- -. – / – — / .-. .. -.. . / .- / -.-. . .-.. . .-. -.– / .–. — .– . .-. . -.. / -.. .. .-. .. –. .. -… .-.. . / .– …. .. .-.. . / … .. – – .. -. –. / — -. / .- / -.-. .- – .-.-.-

ononeorange

I think these were big time magic cats with major league spells and stuff, not your Debbie McGee of the magic world. I mean, they had pyramids and stuff, – how cool is that? Shazaam! Old woman turned into suacer of milk etc.

Celery IS muck – agreed.

Helios
    Free Member

Wow… They do sound like impressive big time magic cats… Do they come with their own pyramids?

I'm going to make sure I don't eat any cheese tonight otherwise flying cats wearing Debbie McGee costumes casting spells to turn geriatrics into tasty dairy products might feature in a few vivid nightmares…

Shazaam…

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Celery vs Magic Cat

And then for the ultimate play off:
    Spoilers alert!

Helios
    Free Member

No no no no… The Celery isn't fighting the Magic Cat – it is being swapped for a Magic Cat (one that doesn't look like Debbie McGee and comes with its own pyramid)…

It wouldn't really be fair to let Celert fight a Magic Cat… What with the Cat (even a magic one) not having any opposable thumbs…

naokfreek
    Free Member

Sharp 'magic' teeth and claws…

ononeorange

I never realised that celery had opposable thumbs.

But it's how the Universe was started – the cat / celery fight ended in the mother of all Big Bangs. And Debbie Mcgee's face appeared in the celery leaves. Apparently.

boxelder

I'll see your magic cat and raise you a witches pussy……….

soobalias
    Free Member

too much for me im out

boxelder

Nice rainbow closet there sailor.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Is a witch’s pussy like a wizard’s sleeve?

alex222
    Free Member

Eth3r I think you'll find the higgs boson created celery whilst god was out smoting scientists.

boxelder

Dunno? Any 'arm in it?

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

You know when you attach your forks to your bike? Is there a recommended amount of steerer tube sticking out to attach the stem too? My steerer tube only fills about 3/4 of my stem. Will I be OK or do I need to worry about my handlebars suddenly not doing anything at the critical moment?

boxelder

[sensible] sounds a bit short – are both clamping bolts 'over' the steerer? [/sensible]

Probably not the best thread to be asking something serious.

wwaswas

It might be crown race dependant I think – are you using one that came with the headset?

(real answer – as long as the pinch bolts on the stem are over steerer tube and not air then you shoudl be fine)

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Ok thanks. My stem only has one pinch bolt and yes it's covering the steerer tube well. I was a bit wary about getting a stem with only one bolt but the reviewers said it was fine so it must be lol. The review said it was a good lightweight stem but I went and bought some Pikes which weigh a ton! I thought this was a serious thread.

wwaswas

"I thought this was a serious thread."

lol

ononeorange

Was it the magic cats fighting the celery or the mysterious appearance of Debbie McGee that made you think it was serious…?! 😉

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Is a witch’s pussy like a wizard’s sleeve?

😆

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Doncha just love STW?

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,401 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM