Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pro-Lite frames (Piemonte in particular) – experiences?
  • clubber
    Free Member

I’ve seen this disc compatible cx frame over at CRC but can’t find any reviews or details really. Anyone got any?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=68376

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Not worth the risk

jimc101
    Free Member

Not worth the risk

Can you expand on that, not had a lot of Pro-Lite stuff, but it’s all been OK so far, and was looking at a TT frame they do.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

jimc101 – Member
    Not worth the risk
    Can you expand on that, not had a lot of Pro-Lite stuff, but it’s all been OK so far, and was looking at a TT frame they do.

Yeh, well thats it really. I mean who are they? Has anyone got any experience of their stuff?

If I was going to spend a few hundred on a frame, I’d get something that has been about a while and is “tried and tested” rather than reduced by a shit load at CRC because no one wants it.

clubber
    Free Member

David, that’s kind of why I started the thread, isn’t it? 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ha, fair do’s!

But I’m telling you, you wont find any answers anywhere. No one owns one!

I’d probably be more tempted by a full “no name” carbon cx frame off ebay/china.

ackie
    Free Member

Haven’t ridden a disc version but I’ve owned 2 of the original canti Pro-lite Piemonte’s.
    And think they are great frames. Not very cool but they are v light and stiff.
    TBH they are waaayyy over priced RRP, So £225 seems to be about right even with the carbon stays.

Geometry is similar to a Ridley/Guerciotti cross bikes. SO high BB

I’m 6’1″ and ride a 60cm (56cm horiz TT).
    I can post pics if you like….

I can also flog you my 62cm (57cm) frame at a bargain price if you are interested…

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks ackie. Pics would be great.

Presumably your 62 is non-disc? i really don’t want to go back to rim brakes… ( unless it really is a bargin and i can use an adaptor but suspect that won’t be an option with a carbon rear end )

clubber
    Free Member

David – I’ve been looking at the Chinese carbon too. For disc compatible they’re still 450ish

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Really? Where from? I’m assuming thats with forks though?

I had a road frame a few years ago, think it was about £300 (with forks)!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pro-Lite frames (Piemonte in particular) – experiences?’ is closed to new replies.