Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Pro II Front Bearings
  • carlos
    Free Member

Hi All,

Looking at replacing the Front Bearings in the Hope Pro II Front hub and could do with someone confirming the bearing numbers, As far as I can tell I'll need 2x 6804 2rs.
    Is that correct??

Cheers

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Yep. IIRC the Bulb kit fits.

carlos
    Free Member

Cheers.

I'll be going to the local bearing manufacture tomorrow and can't knock out existing cos I've had more beer than I should for a school night ;-)so defo not starting to take bike apart

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

how can u tell there gone btw? any signs of creaking?

carlos
    Free Member

Side to side play/wobble, feels like the headset is loose when you apply front brake and rock back and forth.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ah my bike was doing this before i set off today and tightened up the headset and still did it, is the bearings easy to replace ive never done that before?

carlos
    Free Member

Depends who you listen too, I think they are quite easy to do but also very easy to **** up/damage the new bearing whilst re-inserting it into the hub.

There are quite a few vids on the wab of how to do it but can't find the info on which bearings they are. Doh!

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

have u looked up hope pro 2 hub bearings on CRC website? or google it? thx for advice anyway 🙂

carlos
    Free Member

Yeah, clear as mud. Might just wait till I get in from work tomorrow and knock 'em out and check numbers for myself

Grimy
    Free Member

Deffinatly skf 61804 2RS, hope give you the size on their own website click here

If your bearing supplier hasnt got SKF bearings in stock in that size, other manufaturers list the same bearing with the slightly different part number of 6804.

theres an ISO standard on bearing sizes so its pretty easy to check youve got the right number.

6 = single row deep grove bearing
    18 = extra thin section (or just 8 by some manufaturers)
    04 = internal bore multiplied by 5 (i.e. 20mm to allow a maxle)

2RS = 2 rubber sheilds.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

i saw a video just now on how to do it, looks like u need some kinda hammer :/ ill leave it for now lol

biscuit
    Free Member

hammer, screw driver and socket. easy as. Remove the spacers and circlips, bang them out with a screwdriver and drift them in with a socket. sorted

higgo
    Free Member

Took me about two minutes today.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I ordered some cheapo ones from here yesterday so I'll be interested to see how they last. Having got the old ones out and repacked them with grease I'm not sure I needed to replace them – but I'll see how new bearings feel.

carlos
    Free Member

Grimy – Cheers. I couldn't see the wood for the trees.

carlos
    Free Member

Picked up the bearings at lunch, fitted them when I got home from work so now all done and dusted. back to nice and smooth without the play.
    Easy really.

5 quid each so I'll have to see how they last, the SKF I took out have only been in 8 months. Don't know if thats about right or not but they are something I'd class as disposable.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Pro II Front Bearings’ is closed to new replies.