Viewing 22 posts - 201 through 222 (of 222 total)
  • Potential Peaks Pootle…..
  • Pook

Who fell off the green commencal going down to that stream?

Sorry for riding over your tyre 😕

hora
    Free Member

Me: Slowrider lets go back up and see if everyone is ok on this section
    Slowrider: 'ok'

Me: Err slowrider you have far too much energy to be able to actually RUN back up to have another go
    😆

nbt

Few pics posted up for your browsing pleasure 🙂

Pook

1) What is Hora doing to Will?
    2) Who's the guy in this photo nailing it round a corner?

(in fact, it looks like Adey)

3) Did he fall off? 😉

great pics jules/jayne

nbt

It's the birthday boy himself Adey: rather than railing it though that's the moment when he realised there was a camera pointing at him. Sadly as his front wheel washed out entirely and he went down I involuntarily stopped taking pics out of concern for his well-being.

slowrider
    Free Member

pook, i thought you had just done a photography course? maybe i made that up…

hora, first hill of the day; i slowed down a bit after that!

nbt, would have made a good pic if i had run him over eh?

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Many thanks to the photographers :))

Paul

eth3er
    Free Member

Thank you all muchly for a great ride, the haribo types and swiss roll. We should do this more often.
    Brakes all fixed now, I had it all done without burning any bridges. I highly recommend single brake riding for that added jolt of adrenaline.

amodicumofgnar

Cut Gate would be a good one for August. I think was Pooks sugestion of the next one. Moorland singletrack through heather in flower – I feel a show us your moorland singletrack photo thread coming on for next month. I'd prefer to hold Macc Forest / Wildboar clough over to September or October.

Pook

I did indeed suggest a Cut Gate out and back with a snack break at Fairholmes. Just need to check a date with my good lady and I'll post something up – not too far in advance mind….

Popocatapetl

Thanks Jules & Chris for a great ride on Saturday. I've just about sobered up now. Top photo of me there Pook, but the one of me on the ground would have looked even better no doubt! Great ride in fantastic company. Can't wait for the next one.

mtb_matt
    Free Member

I was thinking of trying to lead one round Macc forest September/October time, but could do with someone who knows the area to act as backup.

The trouble with Macc forest and Wildboarclough is that there is a significant amount of road required to join up the sections and also the forest is a haven for walkers at the weekend.

I know a route from Derbyshire Bridge > Buxton > Taxal > Fernlee reservoir > Dervbyshire Bridge which is quite nice.

However road to Derbyshire Bridge is closed at the moment, should be open in September though.

Any takers?

Matt

nbt

Matt, both Bruce and I know Macc forest stuff. The taxal loop is fine on a bike, the workmen are happy for you to push past, they even told us the best route to take when we did that a couple of weeks ago

alcolepone
    Free Member

Is this open to any one in the derby area 😀

Pook

always open to all!

Like i say, just trying to find the time now!

JohnnyPanic

Sorry for riding over your tyre
    That would be me – only green commie there.
    It wasn't a fall, no really, just an abrupt stop when I thought I needed to turn left across the bridge, but didn't…

You rode over my tyre?. Hisss.

Nice pics nbt.

Pook

Apologies!

slowrider
    Free Member

nbt finds an electrical socket to plug my neon bike in to…

Sorry for riding over your tyre

definitely some overtaking under the yellow flag there pook!

Bunnyhop

Will – where are your photos?

SigmaF
    Free Member

looks like a good group ride there guys……

I'll hopefully be in attendance next time so will keep any eye on any postings…….maybe some of the shop guys will make it too…

Good to see that my old bike managed to make it out with you all at least!!

Scott

thebiketree

Pook

Bike Tree – what time are you open 'til tonight?

I feel I ought to drop in and i'll be dropping down Blacka about 8ish

SigmaF
    Free Member

7pm (ish)….however, if you can see us we're open….which usually means way past 7!!

I'm not about today and Dan will be out leading (or, perhaps mis-leading) our Wednesday group ride down Cavedale from 6.30…..

Joey the new guy will be in through…….sure he'll have the coffee on!!

Cheers

Viewing 22 posts - 201 through 222 (of 222 total)

The topic ‘Potential Peaks Pootle…..’ is closed to new replies.