Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Postal scam
  • khani
    Free Member

Hi All,

I’ve just been sent the following information on this scam.. Just thought I’d make you aware…

Postal Scam:

Can you circulate this around especially as Xmas is fast approaching – it has been confirmed by Royal Mail. The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906…… 6611911 (a Premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655.

For more information, see the Crime Stoppers website:

http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/crime-prevention/helping-prevent-crime/scams/postal-delivery-scam

wwaswas

well, it can’t do any harm double posting spam I suppose…

khani
    Free Member

Should I remove it then?
    Only trying to warn people

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dont reply to elaborate e-mails about transferring money either they are a hoax

fadda

I got warned about this yesterday.

It’s 5 years old and the premium rate number been closed down…

wwaswas
    khani
    Free Member

Yeah but this is a card through your door, not a email
    EDIT fair enough, I got a warning mail this morning from work, soz

meehaja
    Free Member

http://www.sophos.com/security/hoaxes/parcel_delivery.html

I like that the cost of the call has gone up with inflation! I blame the tories!

jon1973
    Free Member

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655.

What if this is the scam and the the number issued to report the scam is a premium rate?

Spongebob
    Free Member

Who’d be stupid enough to dial an 090* number?

I bet some idiot will be blaming Margaret Thatcher next!

uplink
    Free Member

Beware of this one…………..

If a man comes to your door and says he is conducting a survey and asks you to show him your knob,

DO NOT SHOW HIM YOUR KNOB.

This is a scam.

He is only trying to see your knob.

Pass this around

I got this in an email 7 Christmases ago & TBH, when he turned up again this year, I started to doubt it was a genuine survey

jon1973
    Free Member

Who’d be stupid enough to dial an 090* number?

Are 090* numbers reserved for postal scams then?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Something like this does the rounds every Xmas, I’m always cautious with missed delivery cards if I’ve not ordered anything, usually Mrs MFL has gone & bought something without telling me.

khani
    Free Member

Beware of this one…………..
    If a man comes to your door and says he is conducting a survey and asks you to show him your knob,
    DO NOT SHOW HIM YOUR KNOB.
    This is a scam.
    He is only trying to see your knob.
    Pass this around
    I got this in an email 7 Christmases ago & TBH, when he turned up again this year, I started to doubt it was a genuine survey

I wish you’d have said this yesterday 😯

tony_m
    Free Member

And from the Crimestoppers website…

Crimestoppers parcel e-mail scam

A number of individuals have received an e-mail claiming to have been confirmed by Royal Mail and Trading Standards Institute and featuring a link to the Crimestoppers website [19 November 2010].

The e-mail describes what to do if you receive a card posted through your front door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) and claims that this is a scam originating from Belize, designed to encourage members of the public to call a premium rate number through which they will be billed £315.

The e-mail states that for more information, see the Crime Stoppers website, followed by a link to the Crimestoppers site.

We can confirm that this e-mail was not issued by Royal Mail, Trading Standards Institute or Crimestoppers.

If you received this or a similar e-mail please do not respond to it.

To report this scam and obtain more information on scams please visit the Consumer Direct website.

Visit the PhonepayPlus website for more information.

scaredypants

Are 090* numbers reserved for postal scams then?

nope, scammers of all sorts use this prefix – some legalised

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Now I’m confused. I received a card through my door asking me to fax a photo of my todger to an 090 number. It seems to have come from a genuine organisation (the Pillows are for Horses Heads charity).

I do hope this isn’t a scam too

meehaja
    Free Member

And i got a leaflet through my door last night about collecting money for BLIND children, yet the child in the picture was clearly wearing glasses and looking at something! They all comet at christmas i tell you!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Postal scam’ is closed to new replies.