Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Possibly stupid question about supermarket sausage rolls
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Currently chomping my way through a pack of out of date supermarket sausage rolls.

They are clearly ready-cooked but all the packaging gives instructions for cooking and it doesn’t say anywhere that they are ready to eat.

Will I die?

DezB
    Free Member

If they weren’t pre-cooked, you’d have raw meat in a dough roll.
    Instructions are for warming them up 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

can you spell lyst..listear….leesteery….chunder?

higgo
    Free Member

Currently chomping my way through a pack of out of date supermarket sausage rolls.

at 10:45 on a Tuesday morning.

It’s an abused phrase but that, my friend, really is “living the dream”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I also supect that you would notice if you were eating raw meat and uncooked pastry even you are not that dumb 😉 . Sadly you will live to post yet more drivel on here for years to come REJOICE

Stoner
    Free Member

made me hungy now.

Where’s the nearest Greggs to Trafalgar Square?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Just make sure you instruct someone to let us all know the outcome…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Instructions are for warming them up

Well yeah, that’s kinda what I thought but the wording is all ‘cook’, not ‘reheat’.

I am sure I will li

DezB
    Free Member

Sadly you will live to post yet more drivel on here for years to come

Harsh, but fair. 😆

carbon337
    Free Member

Cant imagine there is even much meat in them to be fair.

You could probably toast them there will be that much bread in the buggers.

glenh
    Free Member

Loads of similar stuff (pies, pastys etc, and quiches come to think of it) always seem to say ‘cooking instructions’ as if they aren’t already cooked.
    It really annoys me, because I always worry that I might end up with something that actually does need cooking.

Why can’t they just write ‘heating instructions’?

sputnik
    Free Member

Living the dream eh?
    Just finished a tin of sausages and baked beanz with two slices of toast.
    Best breakfast before a long bike ride imo 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

and dont forget it’s only a serving suggestion. You cant sue them for not including the tomato salad in the packet….

jon1973
    Free Member

Cant imagine there is even much meat in them to be fair

I imagine there are plenty of other animal products in them though.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

By the way, I am wouldn’t normally eat sausage rolls but they were bought for our little girls (introducing new foods – yes, they WERE cooked for them), had gone out of date and I hate waste.

🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Higgo – I hate you. You made me laugh and that is not a good thing when i’ve got a cracked rib. 😀

DrRSwank
    Free Member

How out of date are they?

harveym
    Free Member

and dont forget it’s only a serving suggestion. You cant sue them for not including the tomato salad in the packet….

I wonder if anyone has tried this?

DaRC_L

there’ll be plenty of lips & a**eholes in ’em

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

DrRSwank – Member
    How out of date are they?

Only a couple of days or so.

Stoner
    Free Member
    bigyinn
    Free Member

Hoofs and totters too.
    Mmmm offal goodness, <droooollls>

Keva
    Free Member

By the way, I am wouldn’t normally eat sausage rolls but they were bought for our little girls

I’ve no idea why anyone would want to eat the pigs foreskin let alone feed it to their children.

grievoustim
    Free Member

i have no issue with the fact that sausages contain offal etc

isn’t that the whole point of sausages? To use up all the bits of the pig that isn’t chops/ bacon/ belly etc.

carbon337
    Free Member

Yes thats the point of sausages but supermarket sausage rolls only have about 10% meat content – if they are good ones.

My family run a butchers and our sausage rolls contain the same sausage as you buy over the counter in links. They are lovely.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I’ve no idea why anyone would want to eat the pigs foreskin let alone feed it to their children.

It was a decision made using the reasoning that small children should be exposed to a wide range of different flavours and textures in order they do not become fussy eaters.

Does it make you feel any better to know that in the last week I have also made them, from scratch using mostly organic ingredients, Italian pasta pie with ham and sweet red pepper, Tuna pasta with soft cheese and vegetable pilau rice?
    🙄

luked2
    Free Member

+1 for proper butcher’s sausage rolls. Our local butcher has big plates of them, wafting out warm sausagey-rolley smells just as I’m cycling past.

Junkyard
    Free Member

so expose them to quality and sh1t. Next week turkey twizzlers and curly fires and next day Chicken in pancetta with pine nut, sun-blush tomato and basil stuffing,Potato Dauphinoise

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That’s about the sum of it, yes. Over time they will be given all sorts of food to eat so it is inevitable they will get crap to eat – at pubs/restaurants where we have little control over what goes into the food, at birthday parties, at family gatherings…

tthew

It was a decision made using the reasoning that small children should be exposed to a wide range of different flavours and textures in order they do not become fussy eaters.

Good luck with that. 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Good luck with that.

Yeah – it has its trials and tribulations. They like Pringles though, bless ’em.

And noodles – can’t get enough of my honey and soy noodles.

🙂

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Stoner – Member
    made me hungy now.

Where’s the nearest Greggs to Trafalgar Square?

They have Greggs in London? I thought it was all tofu takeaways & associated shite like that.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Didn’t Greggs recently win a ‘best sausage roll’ award?

thomthumb
    Free Member

they are much better uncooked. if you cook them the grease all come out and makes them weird. My gran always cooks them and whatever i say &won’t give them to me out of the packet.

I’ve become a vegetarian which makes this much easier. 😆

Brooker99
    Free Member

am I too late to point out that nomal symptoms of listeriosis are flu like? It’s campy, salmonella and norovirus which tends to make your poo runny and the food come back out through your mouth…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

campy

Had that one once – very unpleasant and very messy. Especially on the night when I *thought* I was over it and went on a brewery trip at Theakston’s. The poor people that witnessed me in the toilet cubicle (no time to even think about closing the door) probably still suffer from flashbacks.

alexxx
    Free Member

SAUSAGE

Stoner
    Free Member

They have Greggs in London? I thought it was all tofu takeaways & associated shite like that.

today I settled for a Bratwurst from Herman ze German.

nomnomnomnomnom

molgrips
    Free Member

They like Pringles though, bless ’em.

Isps! Isps! Isps! Halp, isps! (crisps)

This is what we get all the time.

No, Meg, you cannot have crisps all the time whenever you feel like it. Nor can you have butter to eat. Butter goes on bread.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

🙂

Fortunately they can’t quite say the words yet, but they are adept at pointing. Their latest trick is to put their arms up like they want a hug, then when you do they point at the food they can see on the worktops.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Possibly stupid question about supermarket sausage rolls’ is closed to new replies.