Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Possible cheap/low-cost! Hybrid/Road Bike
  • Elmo
    Free Member

Sold my HT. Partly because i hardly ever use it. Partly because my brothers had his nicked and he wants a replacement now!

Thought i may get a more road orientated bike-but not necessarily a road bike!
    I have a FS for anything else, so i'd use it for the commute to work,some road riding and the odd light cycle route.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_712155_langId_-1_categoryId_165534#dtab

Saw this amongst Carrera's offerings.
    The disc capabilty really appeals.
    Apart from getting a decent chainset and gearing, what are your thoughts as a start point?

Cheers

steve_b77
    Free Member

It's not a bad bike, quite heavy at about 27lbs AFAIK.

And it was never £400 in the first place, i looked at one and bought a Boardman instead, they were £290 when they first came out

Elmo
    Free Member

I'm a big lad at 16.5 stone, so i've neer seen the point of worrying to much that the bikes a bit lardy!

I want a road one to get fit/fitter on and cyle to work-which is the scheme i'll be using!

I've looked at the disc spec Gryphon and the base spec Boardman-Just think i'd be beter with a little thicker rubber underneath me.
    Would the Gryphon or the Boarman suffer if i fitted thicker rubber?

Saw the Subway, thought it was reasonable at that price. Just thought i'd see if i'd missed the clues and they were horrrendously bad!

Rather pay a bit more and have an enjoyable ride!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Possible cheap/low-cost! Hybrid/Road Bike’ is closed to new replies.