Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Portable Bluetooth Speaker
  • singlespeedstu

Looking for a portable bluetooth speaker to replace a Cambridge Audio Go that no longer works

Looking in the region of around £100 and around the same size (230×110) or smaller with the same kind of sound.

Any recommendations?

Cougar

Search the forum, this crops up a lot.  JBL Flip 2 and Anker somethingorother (Sound Core?  maybe) seem firm STW favourites.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wrightyson
    Free Member

Listened to and used quite a few at various parties. Still live my ue boom.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Minirig

/endthread

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Bose Soundlnk Mini.

funkmasterp

If you can extend the budget slightly Audiopro are hard to beat in their price range. Great speakers with impressive sound and battery life.

tewit
    Free Member

Another one here with a Mini Rig. Not cheap at about £130 but then it’s UK built. Superb sound off a single 3″ speaker and the battery lasts for ages. I can charge my phone off it while listening to it at work and never worry about it running out of juice.

andylc
    Free Member

Soundlink Mini II – amazing sound for such a small speaker and much nicer looking than the weird circular things that Bose brought out to replace them.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My Soundlink Mini in a corner of a bar was able to keep a small pub happy when their music system crashed.

kelvin

MINIRIG

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Anker Soundcore Boost

less than half the price of BOSE and just as good

Edukator
    Free Member

This thread is a day late, I bought a JBL yesterday. Out of curiosity I plugged an electric guitar into it, it sounds ace!

Cougar

Out of curiosity I plugged an electric guitar into it, it sounds ace!

Unless it’s specifically designed to do that sort of thing, I’d be wary of doing that for any length of time.

Edukator
    Free Member

It’s guaranteed for a year. I figure that any source that is OK with headphones is OK with the JBL. I find speakers sound better after being used at their rated limit for long periods, especially Celestion Greenbacks. 🙂

singlespeedstu

Thanks STW.

Proof than most people don’t actually read the question but reply anyway.😜

I’ll just look at buying a JBL at around £100

tewit
    Free Member

Depends what you mean at around £100. An extra tenner here or there? 99p?😀

singlespeedstu

less than £50 or  more than£150 is not around £100.

A tenner/twenty  either way is.

Not really hard to work out is it.🤔

stayhigh

I have a KS Soul 2 which I’m more then happy to recommend.  Great sound, listening from classical to minimal techno to screaming-burn-your-grandma-and-wear-her-skin metal and everything in between.  The battery lasts well and its even under your budget 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Portable Bluetooth Speaker’ is closed to new replies.