Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Poor snowflakes getting insufficient white male privilege
  • aracer
    Free Member

Freemasons discriminated against? They’re taking the P aren’t they?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42986319

wwaswas

How can you discriminate against someone who’s membership of an organisation is a secret?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Do they pay subscription to access STW ?

kimbers

In b4 Jordan Peterson video posted to reassure all the insecure blokes that their existential crisis are due to the evil conspiracy of cultural Marxists that definitely exist at universities they never attended and force them into the emasculating position of having to call someone by their preferred title.

footflaps

>Do they pay subscription to access STW ?

I think they own it, or is that the Illuminati?

edhornby

“We don’t discriminate” “well yeah the women only lodges but they have a lodge don’t they”

and best of all

“handshake used by members during ceremonies is “not secret” but, when he was asked to demonstrate it to viewers of BBC Breakfast, he declined, saying he had “promised” not to.”

cogwomble
    Free Member

Not sure how I feel about this.

I know a few Freemasons and I’ve been asked if I’d be interested in being involved myself before (I politely declined).  They do a LOT of charity work and they use the money they raise to do it, so they’re not taking it from the public purse, or people on the street.

Prior to WW2, they were proud and very open about their membership, but old Uncky Adolph had a thing about them,wanted to round them up and stick them in his work brings you joy affairs, which wouldn’t be pleasant from what history tells us.

That’s when they went cloak and dagger about membership, and retained it post war for whatever reason.

They’re just a boys club, fraternity type thing though.  They’re harmless in my experience with them, the fact folks think them sinister and part of a massive plot is laughable.

angeldust
    Free Member

Is the real issue if they are ‘discriminated’ against, or if that discrimination has any negative effect? Doesn’t seem to holding most of them back…..

mikey74
    Free Member

They’re harmless in my experience with them, the fact folks think them sinister and part of a massive plot is laughable.

But surely that comes part and parcel with being a secret organisation, doesn’t it? If they opened up, they might find people’s attitudes towards them shifted slightly.

Are they really as open to membership as they claim?

zilog6128

Are they really as open to membership as they claim?

they are desperately short of members, I’ve seen them in the local high street with a stall trying to get people to join!

cogwomble
    Free Member

Their only restrictions on membership are listed on their websites.  There’s even a contact form if you want to join.

Basically you need to be a man (OK, I know that’s a bit crappy in this day and age), with a belief in a higher being, what that is can be whatever, and be a decent person, unlikely to screw folks over for your own gain.

Their whole ethos is to make a person the best person they can be, to be selfless and to strive to help others where you can.

As I said, I’m not one, never have been, never been inclined to become one, but if I did have those thoughts, I’d have no doubt that I’d be accepted into their ranks, simply by contacting my local lodge and talking to them about what’s expected of me by doing so.

gobuchul
    Free Member

<span style=”font-size: 12.8px;”>Are they really as open to membership as they claim?</span>

Just tell them you want to join but you have to be Catholic and see what they say.

<span style=”font-size: 12.8px;”>They’re harmless in my experience with them,</span>

Awful bunch of self serving, middle class white men. There main purpose is to help themselves, always on about how much work they do for “charidy”. Not at all harmless if you happen to be in a workplace full of them.

Nico
    Free Member

The whole issue only came up because they have a large presence in the police, and they were accused of using that to influence something or other.

My brother in law was a freemason and for him it was just a local shopkeepers and small businessmen’s club. Apart from the raising money for charidy they also pretty good at looking after the families of members when they turn their toes up. All this is at worst harmless, but the power in the police is another matter.

edlong
    Free Member

They do a LOT of charity work and they use the money they raise to do it, so they’re not taking it from the public purse, or people on the street.

I really thought we’d seen the last of “yeah, but… charity” but this follows hot on the heels of that lechy dinner the other week…

Can anyone thinking about using the “lotta good work for charidy” line just remember these two words first:

Jimmy

Savile

6079smithw
    Free Member

Crooked People In “We’re Not Crooked” Claim Shocker

Northwind

“wwaswas: How can you discriminate against someone who’s membership of an organisation is a secret?”

Every freemason I know tells people about it all the bloody time, what’s the point of being in the elite secret squirrel club if nobody knows?

Course, there could be loads more that aren’t telling me.

tjagain

Vile organisation used to protect and entrench privilege and power.  Of course there is fig leaves in various ways such as the charity work and allowing plebs to join but its upper levels are all about entrenching privilege and using their power to protect their members

squirrelking
    Free Member

Just tell them you want to join but you have to be Catholic and see what they say.

Was going to mention that, round here one Lodge is as good as another.

hedley
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>Are they really as open to membership as they claim?</span>

My old neighbour joined. Farm hand/tractor driver on the local farm. As down to earth as they come, usually smelled of cows and certainly not middle class/entitled/afflicted or anything else.

He was very open about what they did and what was involved and answered all questions.

<span style=”font-size: 12.8px;”>Also got a few friends who are masons as well as an Uncle.</span>

I don’t get it and I think walking around with an apron on and believing in a higher being is odd but from what I have been told. They are ok and do a lot for charity which they seem to get a kick from. it;s not cheap to be a member but like any hobby, if you enjoy it…

kimbers

i was always under the impression from my scottish relatives that it was indeed just an excuse for a bit of sectarianism

martinhutch

Aren’t most things an excuse for sectarianism in certain parts of Scotland?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Pretty much, yeah. It’s probably as well “we” spend so much time fighting each other otherwise we’d be making problems for other people. SIlver linings and all that.

finishthat
    Free Member

>and best of all

>“handshake used by members during ceremonies is “not secret” but, when he was asked to >demonstrate it to viewers of BBC Breakfast, he declined, saying he had “promised” not >to.”

Bit of perspective – he made a promise not to when he joined the club and
    keeping that promise is quite important to him whatever anybody else thinks.

angeldust
    Free Member

tjagain
    Vile organisation used to protect and entrench privilege and power. Of course there is fig leaves in various ways such as the charity work and allowing plebs to join but its upper levels are all about entrenching privilege and using their power to protect their members

Absolutely amazed you would take this point of view. Would have bet my house on you supporting them.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Now this may just be me but I’d have expected an article calling for the end of discrimination to contain some examples of, you know, actual discrimination against the group in question.

sbob
    Free Member

“Now this may just be me but I’d have expected an article calling for the end of discrimination to contain some examples of, you know, actual discrimination against the group in question.”

I routinely short change them in my pub.

gonefishin
    Free Member

yeah but don’t you short change everyone?

sbob
    Free Member

Yes.

Yes I do.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Bit of perspective – he made a promise not to when he joined the club and
    keeping that promise is quite important to him whatever anybody else thinks

Sort of shoots himself in the foot though when he is arguing how open and honest and upfront they are though as it shows he is more loyal to the lodge than the truth and demonstrates how secretive they actually are.

pS you are one arent you

Any organisation that wishes to remain secretive will always be suspected of being involved in nefarious dealings. these seem to be a large white boys club to cover up for and protect each other whether right or wrong.

Klunk
    Free Member

if Dan Brown stuck me in a book I would feel dirty and discriminated against 🙁

sbob
    Free Member

these seem to be a large white boys club

I expected better from you Junkyard than to join in the fat shaming.

scaredypants

Sort of shoots himself in the foot though when he is arguing how open and honest and upfront they are though as it shows he is more loyal to the lodge than the truth and demonstrates how secretive they actually are.

The radio interview today included him saying that using the handshake outside of their rituals is banned and you can be kicked out for it – presumably that may apply to demonstrating it, too

wiggles
    Free Member

It being banned and promising not to show anyone it kind of goes against the claim of it not being secret….

aracer
    Free Member

but it’s not secret???

aracer
    Free Member

edlong wrote:

I really thought we’d seen the last of “yeah, but… charity” but this follows hot on the heels of that lechy dinner the other week…
    Can anyone thinking about using the “lotta good work for charidy” line just remember these two words first:
    Jimmy
    Savile

See also: Livestrong

jkomo

I wanted to join after watching ‘Eyes Wide Shut’ but was told that sort of thing didn’t happen in the Banbury chapter so I declined.

Apparently the film is based on the big city ones like Northampton, and that is just too much of a drive.

Also those masks don’t come cheap.

matt_outandabout

Are we allowed to step on the white squares though?

I’m with TJ – dodgy organisation at heart, trying to keep charitable tax relief and facade of ‘we’re nice’ while refusing to open up or give up on the power and control.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😀

bodgy
    Free Member

Only just picked up on this thread.

Putting adverts in the MSM crying “Boo-Hoo, aren’t we hard done by? Because somebody is calling out our privelidge.”

Why don’t you try NOT being a nepotistic controlling elite who pride themselves in thier duplicitous ‘benevolence’?

F**king whinging elites, eh?

If you Masons want to be trusted you may need to be pro-actively transparent. And that means whistle-blowing the covert Westminster lodges.

cogwomble
    Free Member

Hate to sound like a Masonic apologist but I’m both mixed race and Roman Catholic (albiet not a practising one, and I tend to identify as Agnostic these days).  And they knew that when they asked me.

I also think that we’re getting quick to dismiss the good work they do. Granted a few people have used charity to mask nefarious deeds but I don’t think the stonemasons fall under that banner.

As said, not one, never desired to become one, not really interested in wearing a pinny and having to do their little plays, and I’m capable of doing good things for folks off my own back.

But, I’ve never had issue with any or seen those I know hold any sort of power or influence that would concern me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Poor snowflakes getting insufficient white male privilege’ is closed to new replies.