Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Politics threads
  • druidh
    Free Member

Really guys – who cares? It’s the same posters, replying to the same arguments with the same tired-old responses with the same allies and antagonists. Do any of you really think you’re opening peoples eyes or actually changing folks minds?

Do you not think that folk are already getting input from their friends, family, the media and colleagues and are thus capable of reaching an informed decision on their own, or is it that you have some secret knowledge, some amazing facts, some charisma that will finally allow them to see the light. What do you call that, a Messiah Complex?

If you’re so convinced that you’re right and that everyone needs to hear your point of view, don’t spend so much time on an internet forum aimed at cyclists, get out there supporting some political party – or even forming your own if you can’t find one suitably aligned.

What these threads need isn’t a pre-emptive ARMAGEDDON, it’s a pre-emptive closure, just to save you all from the stress and anger.

RealMan
    Free Member

1/10.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah bless.

who cares?

You cared enough to start an entire new thread about it. 😆

DezB
    Free Member

This is the only politics thread I can see 😕

molgrips
    Free Member

Politics threads – It’s the same posters career politicians, replying to the same arguments with the same tired-old responses with the same allies and antagonists

FTFY

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

How’s it going Mol? Did you make it to work ok then? Was that route alright?

KennySenior
    Free Member

Really guys – who cares? It’s the same posters, replying to the same arguments with the same tired-old responses with the same allies and antagonists.

Q. Really guys – who cares?

A. It’s the same posters, replying to the same arguments with the same tired-old responses with the same allies and antagonists.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Indeed it is – I may have had a bit of an epiphany here – or just finally recognised what is under my nose at last. Watching a couple of these threads from the sidelines has been interesting in seeing just how futile it can be.

The big debate we had abut access to the cairngorm plateau did however have an effect of softening my stance having listened to the opinions and reasoning of others so not all debate is useless

jota180
    Free Member

Indeed it is – I may have had a bit of an epiphany here – or just finally recognised what is under my nose at last. Watching a couple of these threads from the sidelines has been interesting in seeing just how futile it can be

Yes, but sooner of later your arse or your hands will hurt from sitting on them
    then we’ll see 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I care… well my other log-in does.

molgrips
    Free Member

Elf – old thread resurrection coming up…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Politics Cartridge bearing-seal / dogs on trails / trail centres v. natural trails / aerodynamics of road wheels…etc threads

druidh – Member
    Really guys – who cares? It’s the same posters, replying to the same arguments with the same tired-old responses with the same allies and antagonists. Do any of you really think you’re opening peoples eyes or actually changing folks minds?

FTFY 😛

druidh
    Free Member

Al – you may have a point. But at least those other topics are bike-related 🙂

I still don’t understand why the usual protagonists, so convinced in heir arguments, aren’t out there trying to convince the public at large.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Politics threads’ is closed to new replies.