Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Politicians/top civil servants implicated in NHS scandal…..shock horror
  • bwaarp
    Free Member

Why am I not surprised. 🙄

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/feb/14/nhs-whistleblower-quit-gagged

Frontline staff can’t really do much to better the NHS if the culture at the top is dire.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

There may or may be some real news there. But it is standard practice that settlements and compromise agreements include confidentiality clauses – I know from personal experience – not exactly gagging! So (if I read this correctly – only skimmed it) he was happy to sign up to take his £500k pay out (and we wonder why the NHS has problems) but now wants to make a fuss. Apologies if I have got this all wrong.

If you have luck with your interviews Bwaarp (has this happened) you will find that this is a standard and regular practice at your future employers!

bwaarp
    Free Member

It’s not just the gagging order though is it, there’s so many other things at play…..politicians endangering care by pursuing their own interests etc.

wrecker
    Free Member

Walker told the programme he accepted a so-called supergag as part of a settlement package of an unfair dismissal claim – reported to be at least £500,000

I want my £500,000 back.
    Give it to a homeless person or something.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

There are indeed many things at play in is story. So if you get a case study like this in your interview, approach with an analytical mind! What’s behind the story etc? A little more that your title IMO.

bwaarp
    Free Member

There are indeed many things at play in is story. So if you get a case study like this in your interview, approach with an analytical mind! What’s behind the story etc? A little more that your title IMO.

For sure, however I’m currently working on a 20,000 word meta-analysis. So seeing as a forum is mostly for laughs I’m not to keen on doing anything but troll/moron-bait the lot that like to blame nurses and doctors for the NHS woes, however I also wanted to hear more qualified views.

Incidently I was in the houses of parliament staff bar a few weeks ago talking to a labour political adviser – who long story short – said the problems within the NHS were the result of politicians having to release a continual stream of hastily thought out party political messages to placate the media and rebuff whatever the opposition party has said.

I thought it was an interesting point – again though I have no grounding in how the upper management of the NHS works so I can’t comment further than showing a bit of outrage about the article I posted – so I wanted to hear the opinion of others.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Politicians/top civil servants implicated in NHS scandal…..shock horror’ is closed to new replies.